Rebuild Americas Infrastructure with Our Fortune 200 Materials and Logistics ClientPosition: Desktop Support Level 2
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Term: 4 Months
- Resolves mid-level to complex technical issues related to the company's end point devices (mobile and PCs), and conducts routine and non-routine technical assignments and projects for the Information Technology Department under limited supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Provides Tier 2 support primarily and back up for Tier 1 support as needed and advises users accessing systems and software, answering questions and providing them with the tools and training needed to ensure system security and integrity.
- Supports client's approved mobile devices and applications such as Operator Handhelds, safety inspection tablets, truck onboard computing systems, etc.
- Installs/migrates software, hardware, and peripheral components such as operating systems, telecom, applications, SAP, monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives
- Works in a call center environment, responsible for taking calls from team call queue, maintaining low abandoned call rate, creating call records and associated tickets in the system of record.
- Answers all levels of technical questions from users concerning browser setup and settings, hardware and software applications, telecom and general Inter/Intranet and website usage questions.
- Creates MSI or application deployment packages for quick install of all applications.
- Establishes and maintains effective lines of communication with end-users throughout the lifecycle of their issue or service request.
- Maintains and reviews records and reports detailing hardware/software machine malfunctions and maintenance history. Recommends corrective action as needed to ensure processing and utilization improvements.
- Installs, maintains, and coordinates telecommunications and server hardware.
- Maintains Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange accounts, SAP accounts, physical security, and logical security accounts under limited supervision.
- Maintains technical competency (subject matter expert) with appropriate technologies, support processes and procedures (i.e., SAP, Exchange, Active Directory, Scriptlogic, Cisco, Nortel, Avaya).
- Assists with monitoring and resolving complex issues relating to systems, telecom, network, and security.
- Coordinates software, hardware and system installation and changes with location staff to minimize equipment, resource and time scheduling conflicts.
- Responds to all user inquiries concerning systems operation including basic training.
- Performs complex remedial actions to correct problems and ensures technical disaster recovery, system recovery, disk space analysis, system backups and recovery, system reboots and total overall system access.
- Writes clear, concise, and accurate documentation, provides training (i.e., work procedures, how to guides) and trains users on new company-provided product releases and new products.
- Coordinates activities with company's business, SAP, and other information systems groups.
- Maintains desktop hardware and peripherals inventory within the asset management system in accordance with established process and procedures; assists with desktop hardware and peripheral asset refreshes and in the end of life process of retired equipment.
- Relocates technical equipment to and from an assigned location.
- Assists in execution of the company's annual workstation refresh.
- Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
- A minimum of six years of job related experience is required.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- Advanced understanding of company operating systems platforms.
- Working knowledge of information systems concepts/design/development, systems development life cycle, recovery techniques, performance monitoring and tuning.
- Working knowledge of backup and recovery, disaster recovery, and company production environment; strategies and designs with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, both verbal and in written communication.
- Advanced knowledge of web programming languages.
- dDecision-making, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate reading and writing skills, ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations.
- Certifications: Microsoft certifications (MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCP, MOUS); Network, PC hardware and software certifications (CCNA/JNCIA (preferred), A+, N+, INET+) are preferred.
- May lead projects and project team as assigned.