This is a hybrid position, requiring some onsite work in the downtown Houston offices.
- Read & understand existing Oracle PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, and functions and apply enhancements based on new requirements and programming standards
- Develop, unit test, system test, schedule, and create deployment scripts for these Oracle PL/SQL applications.
- Understand requirements and incorporate them into existing applications or develop a new application. Ensure testing meets requirements expectations by doing complete system testing, performance testing, regression testing, integration testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Communicate status and escalate issues or concerns that would impact timeline early enough to help met deadlines.
- Work effectively in a team environment. Develop strong working relationship with members of other teams such as fellow developers, business team, DBA, and Control-M.
- 6+ years of experience in Software development
- 5+ years of experience in Oracle PL/SQL development
- 2+ years of experience in Unix shell script development
- 2+ years of experience in a Data Warehouse environment is a plus
- 2+ years of development work in a de-regulated utilities business in Texas is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required in order to interact with the Client, Operations team, project management team, and other team members.
- Work effectively with minimum supervision
- Flexibility in workload/assignments, dedicated to delivering quality work and must be a team player
- Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.