REMOTE opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits
Title: Data Scientist
Location: Remote with occasional travel
As a project leader you will plan and manage all aspects of data science project execution while also utilizing your expertise to coach Jr team members and independently develop solutions.
- Collaborate with technical and business experts to understand business requirements and develop an end-to-end plan for data science deliverables
- Plan, Create, and Implement complex models and algorithms independently while also coaching Jr. team members and participating in R&D initiatives.
- Utilize modern cloud technologies and employ best practices from DevOps/MLOps to produce enterprise quality production Python and SQL code with minimal errors. Identify and direct the implementation code optimization opportunities and proactively pull in external experts as needed.
- Provide thought leadership in problem solving to enrich possible solutions and flexibly seek out new work or training opportunities to broaden experience
- Collaborate with a wide range of technical and business experts to communicate project deliverables in the context of business outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical engineering or analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and five (5) years of relevant work experience, OR
- Master’s degree in a technical engineering or analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and three (3) years of relevant work experience OR
- Ph.D. in a technical engineering or analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and one (1) year of relevant work experience
- Python and SQL Programming Experience
- Knowledgeable Practitioner of at least three of the following analytical areas and the ability to articulate theoretical concepts from at least three
- Statistics & Statistical Modeling, including Time-Series Modeling
- Simulation Techniques, including MCMC or an equivalent
- Neural Networks / Deep Learning
- Tree Based Machine Learning Algorithms
- Unsupervised Learning
- Classification techniques, including Support Vector Machines or an equivalent
- Optimization Heuristics
- Text Analytics
- Ability to visualize data utilizing programmatic techniques
- Expert at executing the Data Science development workflow including data manipulation and cleaning, feature engineering, model selection, model training, modeling validation, model deployment
- Working knowledge of MLOps/DevOps concepts (Version Control, CI/CD, Trunk Based Development/PR Based Development/GIT, Test driven development)
- Working knowledge of Azure Machine Learning Environment
- Working knowledge of Software Engineering and Object Orient Programming Principles
- Working knowledge of Distributed Parallel Processing Environments such as Spark or Snowflake
- Working knowledge of Edge Analytics, embedded systems, or computer vision.
- Working knowledge of Data Architecture, engineering, and ETL teams
- Working knowledge of problem solving/root cause analysis on Production workloads
- Working knowledge of Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
- Experience as a positive mentor/coach to junior employees
- Experience influencing and building mindshare convincingly within a project team. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences and storytelling with data.
- Strong verbal and written skills in English language.
- Our client promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws