Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Data Management Analyst
Location: Saint Louis Park, MN, 55426
Term: 6 months
- Data management, data lineage/metadata, data controls; experience in data control governance; data defect/issue/deficiency remediation; documenting data flows/process flows.
- Experience writing business requirements as JIRA stories.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum & Kanban environments.
- Strong data profiling and data analytics.
- Strong SQL writing experience (joins, unions, sub-queries).
- Experience understanding pseudo SQL code and reverse engineer them to write requirements.
- Organize and lead companywide initiatives to ensure that data quality is maintained so that data can effectively support business processes.
- Oversee analysis and reporting in support of regulatory requirements.
- Identify and recommend analysis of data quality or integrity issues.
- Evaluate data quality metrics and data quality audits to benchmark the state of data quality.
- Adhere to data governance standards and procedures.
- Identify new data sources and develop recommendations for assessing the quality of new data.
- Lead project teams and mentor less experienced staff members.
- Recommend remediation of process or control gaps that align to management strategy.
- Serve as relationship manager for a line of business.
- Consult with and provide recommendations to senior management regarding assessments of the current state of data and metadata quality within area of assigned responsibility.
- Represent client in cross-functional groups to develop companywide data governance strategies.
- Partner with groups and various levels of seniority companywide to coordinate and drive collaboration on solution design and remediation execution.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Must have experience gathering and documenting requirements.
- A self-starter who has led requirements sessions.
- Has a strong understanding of the requirements analysis lifecycle, Data analysis, Financial experience and strong foundational RDBMS expertise. The emphasis is on business and data analysis, as opposed to a technology skillset (developers, DBS, etc.).
- Additional Skills:
- Process Improvements experience
- Business Analysis; Requirements Gathering & Documentation
- Data Analysis; Data Profiling
- Data lineage/metadata
- 5+ years of Data Management, Business Analysis, Analytics, Project Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.