Permanent opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Our client is a diversified, global portfolio of niche brands and businesses that manufactures highly engineered products and solutions for our customers. They are committed to generating superior shareholder returns by combining a unique management style of decentralization, entrepreneurial spirit, active mergers and acquisitions, and a balanced approach to capital deployment, all with a culture of continuous improvement as embodied in the company culture.
Role: Datacenter Engineer
Location: Carlisle, PA or Maryland Heights, MO
Salary: $83,000 - $125,000 (DOE) + annual bonus
The Data Center Engineer will provide direct support for the company's Global Data Centers (GDC).
This position is responsible for contributing and carrying out design for the Servers, Storage, Networking, and Security related to the GDC environments. Including backups, disaster recovery plans, and validation of such plans on a reoccurring basis. Support includes remotely connected offsite infrastructure directly tied to the GDC and its dependencies. System and Networking products to be supported at a minimum are Microsoft, Linux, VMware, Nutanix, Hyper-V, Pure Storage, EMC Storage, and Veeam.
The Data Center Engineer must work closely with the Systems and Networking Teams and analyze the GDC components to support troubleshooting and proactively avoid outages and resource constraints.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Service Delivery, Systems, Network, Security Operations, and Applications teams to ensure the success of business objectives.
- Configuration and advanced troubleshooting for Physical and Virtual Network Segmentation within the GDC environments.
- Performance monitoring of resources running in the GDC environments.
- Support for Server Automation: Installation, configuration, administration, and support.
- Maintain uptime for all services utilizing the network and systems in the GDC.
- Design, Document, Oversee and Mitigate Backup and Disaster Recovery operations for all division systems running in the GDC Environments.
- Assist with licensing compliance and annual true-up activities.
- Password rotations and deployment of patches to Core GDC components.
- Contribute to network designs for new and existing clients within the GDC Environment for site establishments, site relocations, network expansions, and disaster recovery setups.
- Assists security on additional opportunities for operating a secure environment within the Global Data Centers.
- Respond to complex remediation requests from Security Operations.
- Generate and maintain knowledge base articles and other technical support documentation.
- Assist team members in being adequately cross-trained.
- Follows directions and tasks assigned by the Manager and Data Center Architect.
- Follows change control procedures and approved designs.
- Works closely with the Data Center Architect to design and implement fault-tolerant, highly available enterprise solutions for, but not limited to:
- Active Directory
- NPS / Radius
- Application and Network Load Balancing.
- Work closely with divisional application owners to develop workload migration plans while minimizing risk.
- A minimum of 5 years of Systems experience and 2 years of Networking experience for this position.
- Advanced Active Directory and VMware troubleshooting, preferably in environments containing 500+ hosts/VMs.
- Experience with hyper-converged computing environments such as Dell VxRail.
- Experience supporting large data center environments (>500 servers) with complex AD topology
- Advanced experience with PowerShell and additional programming languages, for example, Python, for continuous improvements to the GDC Environments.
- Strong understanding of fundamental routed protocols and the ability to troubleshoot network connectivity problems on systems.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours to support company's GDC Environments.
- Enthusiastic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
- Ability to be adaptable and able to function comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to travel (up to 20%) and work remotely without direct supervision.
- Certifications preferred (e.g., VMware VCP, CSEP, MCSE, CCNA)
- Experience with VMWare NSX, vRealize products such as vROPS, vRNI, vRLI, vRLCM and vRA.
- Knowledge of O365, SAP (and other ERP systems), manufacturing processes and procedures, and the ability to share this knowledge with others is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (Information Technology, Information Systems) preferred.
- Experience with VMware VCF is preferred.