Terrific REMOTE opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits
Job Title: Data Architect
Salary: $100,000 - 112,800 (DOE) + annual bonus and great benefits package
You will be an independent contributor on a global Data Architecture and Modeling team pursuing a vision of analytics-driven mining. Your expertise in data architecture, data modeling, and ETL will enable and empower our organization to maintain a robust and trusted Enterprise Data Warehouse. You will work in close collaboration with subject matter experts, data engineers, business intelligence analysts, data scientists, and software engineers to develop advanced, highly automated data products.
- Agile Project Work: Work in cross-functional, geographically distributed agile teams of highly skilled delivery teams to continuously innovate analytic solutions.
- Develop data requirements through data modeling techniques and structured working sessions. Take action to express data requirements as 3rd Normal Form logical data models through review of source system documentation, review of system features, and workshop sessions.
- Create physical databases design for the Snowflake data warehouse and other database technologies in partnership with other technical resources
- Develop documentation of Data Lineage and Data Dictionaries to create a broad awareness of the enterprise data model and its applications
- Develop real-time/bulk data pipelines from a variety of sources (streaming data, APIs, data warehouse, messages, images, video, etc)
- Partner with key business SMEs to build and manage the workgroup database view library by building relevant data shapes in SQL
- Actively apply best practices within DataOps (Version Control, P.R. Based Development, Schema Change Control, CI/CD, Deployment Automation, Test Automation, Shift left on Security, Loosely Coupled Architectures, Monitoring, Proactive Notifications)
- Problem Solving/Project Management: Constructively challenge while actively participating in problem solving to enrich possible solutions.
- Architecture: Utilize modern cloud technologies, follow established design patterns, and employ best practices from DevOps/DataOps to produce enterprise quality production Python and SQL code with minimal errors. Participate in regular code review sessions, collaboratively discuss opportunities for continuous improvement, and diligently implement feedback in all solutions.
- Self-Development: Flexibly seek out new work or training opportunities to broaden experience. Independently research latest technologies and openly discuss applications within the department.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and three (3) years of relevant work experience
- Master’s or Ph.D. in engineering, computer science, analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and one (1) year of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of data model using IDEF1X or similar data modeling methodologies.
- Knowledge of data modeling tools like ER Studio or ERwin.
- Proficient practitioner of SQL development
- Experience leading joint design sessions and working in groups
- Strong verbal and written skills in English language.
- Proficient practitioner of Python development
- Working knowledge of Software Engineering and Object Orient Programming Principles
- Working knowledge of Parallel Processing Environments such as Snowflake or Spark SQL.
- Working knowledge of problem solving/root cause analysis on Production workloads
- Working knowledge of Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
- Working knowledge of enterprise scheduling and workflow orchestration using tools such as Airflow, Prefect, Dagster, or similar tooling
- Working knowledge with CI/CD and automation tools like Jenkins or Azure DevOps
- Our client promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws