In this role, you will be responsible for gathering business requirements and designing the system per business needs. You will work with Business leaders and IT teams to come up with best optimal solution in a particular domain while ensuring the impact on other business domains. You key activities include developing business cases, conducts analysis and recommends effective solutions to meet functional, technical and meeting business needs.
- Responsible for assisting in the establishment of an IT Architecture practice, and the adoption of an architecture and standards methodology.
- Manages activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation.
- Conduct Well architect reviews and create physical deployment architecture recommendations for workloads.
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, (which may include RFIs, RFPs or prototype development), selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Champions a structured approach to business application solutions.
- Develops solutions architecture including departmental roadmaps and project portfolios for IT systems architecture.
- Oversee design and deployment of dynamically scalable and highly available services.
- Provide cost estimation of workloads working with engineering team.
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
- Influences changes to standards when necessary.
- Assists domain architecture team on solutions management and timing of financial spend for application solutions.
- Supports the architectural aspects of all application projects in peer IT portfolios.
- Develops and executes solutions which further reduce the percentage of time spent on reactive work.
- Provides analysis of security protection technologies as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Mobile Web toolkits, PowerBi or similar, ServiceNow, GitHub Actions, Kubernetes
- Experience in Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) concepts and implementation with Terraform
- Preferred Certifications: Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Understanding of common database technologies such as SQL Database/Server, Oracle, MySQL.
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM
- Ability to identify and build a standard set of KPIs based on business and technical input from multiple sources
- Solid understanding of modern DevOps practices, including automation, continuous delivery, continuous deployment, and continuous integration methodologies.
- Deep understanding of cloud-based Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery practices and strong verbal and written communication and ability to drive discovery and solutioning sessions with customers.
- Knowledge of IT compliance and risk management (security, privacy, PCI, PII, SOC-2, etc.)