Rebuild Americas Infrastructure with Our Fortune 200 Materials and Logistics ClientPosition: Talent Acquisition Specialist II
Location: Dallas, TX
Term: 6 Months
- Ensures compliance with day-to-day, local and national, temporary and full-time, employee position recruitment operations for all hard to fill positions company-wide.
- Responsible for the full cycle recruiting process and procedures for assigned positions and locations.
- Sources active and passive job seekers, recruits, screens, interviews, and recommends external and/or internal candidates for all level jobs, including entry level, experienced professional and technical, support staff, hourly and management; may utilize the services of employment agencies as needed.
- Creates, revises and maintains job descriptions and advertisements in collaboration with the hiring manager for all assigned position openings in accordance with company practice and procedure.
- Conducts a recruiting strategy meeting with the hiring manager for open positions to identify needs, qualifications, responsibilities and characteristics of potential employees, identifies the preferred recruiting approach and discusses methodology to ensure the most qualified candidates are identified through the process.
- Places employment ads in appropriate sources and qualifies candidates resumes/applications to ensure candidates meet minimum requirements, and conducts phone screens to verify the qualifications of the candidate and to assist the hiring manager in the selection process.
- Coordinates phone screens and face-to-face interviews. Schedules interviews with candidates, managers, and onsite administrative staff.
- Coaches candidates and hiring manager through the interview and hiring process, providing the hiring manager with suggested interviewing questions and ensures compliance while providing the candidate(s) with ongoing communication through the interview and hiring process, counseling the candidate on career opportunities, benefits, salary, and corporate culture.
- Creates offer analysis, new hire salary recommendation, offer letter, and submits for approval, in accordance with the company's practices and procedures; advises managers on compensation issues, and individual salary adjustments.
- Maintains relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring needs.
- Coordinates all onboarding tasks for new hires, including but not limited to pre-employment screening, cross functional/ departmental orientation, testing, assessments, and provides continuous communication and feedback to the hiring manager and candidate throughout the process.
- Ensures and maintains OFCCP Affirmative Action compliance throughout the recruiting process including accurate and concise hard and soft copy recordkeeping requirements including EEO data.
- Provides weekly recruiting status report to manager and updates manager as need throughout week on issues handling.
- May negotiates fee structures and agreements for recruiting firms as needed.
- May recruit from colleges, technical schools and job fairs to support the company's hiring needs and/or the annual internship program and entry-level needs of the organization.
- May participate in various networking sessions with industry contacts, associations, trade groups and coworkers to benchmark and identify best practices.
- Provides back-up relief support to HR Generalist as needed on various tasks and assignments.
- Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time at their sole and complete discretion.
- A minimum of three years of full lifecycle recruiting experience in a corporate or agency environment are required.
- Depending on assignment, specific recruiting experience and knowledge of certain roles in the oil and gas industry may be required. For ad only: Specific recruiting experience and knowledge of engineering, safety, health and environmental and other technical roles in the oil and gas industry are required.
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field is required or a combination of the equivalent number of years of education and work experience in lieu of a Bachelors Degree is required.
- Ability to lead recruiting activities and efforts successfully and in compliance for the assigned areas.
- Ability to develop job advertisements to attract candidates while maintaining compliance.
- Creativity in sourcing for hard to fill positions using various sources such as the internet, referrals, networking, job fairs, cold calls, etc.
- Excellent reading and writing skills with the ability to market the company to interested candidates and develop interest in various jobs.
- Working knowledge of general human resources principles and ability to apply this knowledge as it pertains to the company.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to quickly learn other computer applications, such as SAP, Applicant Tracking Software, and Recruiting System technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of excel in areas such as manipulating data fields, pivot tables and vlookups.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment practices.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills are a must.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, strong analytical skills, flexibility, team player, tact, maturity, and multi-task oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong communication, planning, and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with others both written and verbal communication required.
- Job search engine knowledge.
- Ability to handle confidential information including Protected Health Information (PHI) and all applicable compliance issues in relation to relevant HIPAA and ADAAA regulations.
- SAP HCM experience specifically in Personnel Administration, HR Certification and Successfactors Talent and Performance Management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of EEO and affirmative action laws and OFCCP audit procedures.