Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is a contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Compliance Specialist
Location: Charlotte, NC, 28202
Term: 5 months
- Establish, implement and maintain risk standards and programs to drive compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory and Corporate Policy requirements.
- Oversee the Front Line's execution and challenges appropriately on compliance related decisions.
- Support the oversight or monitoring of a risk-based compliance program.
- Provide support in developing and overseeing standards with some business and functional knowledge.
- Provide compliance risk insight and support projects and initiatives with low to moderate risk for a business line or functional area.
- Work with a business unit, a defined set of rules and regulations on low to moderate risk compliance matters.
- Support the reporting, escalation, and timely remediation of issues, deficiencies or regulatory matters regarding compliance risk management.
- Provide direction to the business on developing corrective action plans and effectively managing regulatory change.
- Provide support in reporting findings and drafting recommendations to management.
- Support and implement initiatives with low to moderate risk. Interact with team to support risk oversight and monitoring.
- Manage and ensure accuracy of data.
- Troubleshoot system issues to determine root cause.
- Research and implement new regulatory rules and manage other Registration Team related projects.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk control development.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with various teams.
- Make decisions and resolve issues to meet business objectives.
- Interpret policies, procedures, and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- Interact with internal customers.
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 2+ years of Compliance experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Please provide on-demand basic interview video for hiring manager review. Requested experience: Attorney, Mortgage Business, Mortgage Compliance, Mortgage Law, Legal citations.
- Primarily seeking people with legal experience (attorneys or paralegals) who understand how to wade through legal citations across the U.S., identify like/similar requirements, group them into "clusters" then passing along to our internal Legal department to write an overarching requirement summary.
- This work requires candidates to be able to understand legalese, know when to pose questions about applicability, or vague interpretation, when to look at surrounding requirements (e.g., related citations, including definitions).
- For this particular project, the citations will primarily pertain to mortgage servicing-related requirements; therefore, legal experience with mortgage requirements is a huge plus, but not a disqualifier if the candidate has a legal background, ability to work in a fast-paced environment/collaborate.