Large Supply Chain company is hiring a Cloud Engineer for a 100% remote permanent (FTE) opportunity. As the Cloud Engineer, you will develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure. Candidate must live and work in the Eastern or Central time zone. Upon conversion to FTE, not open to doing an H1B Visa transfer, therefore prefer US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions
- Modifying and improving existing systems
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives
- Designing, developing, and deploying modular cloud-based systems
- Developing and maintaining cloud solutions in accordance with best practices
- Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements
- Interacting with clients, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on client needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of cloud computing required
- Experience with cloud-based services required, preferably AWS.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- AWS certifications preferred.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Experience with Office 365, MS Server, VM Ware vSphere
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Good communication and collaboration skills, whether written or oral
- Client management skills to include buy-in on new solutions.
- Business Acumen - Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization.
- Communicate for Impact (Individual Contributor) - Proactively communicate with all stakeholders throughout the life cycle of programs and projects.
- Influencing Others - Can quickly find common ground and can solve problems for the good of the organization with a minimal amount of noise. Authentically gains trust and support of peers.
- Managing Transitions/ Change Management - Effectively plans, manages, and communicates changes in processes with appropriate stakeholders.
- Strategic Agility (Individual Contributor) - Enable the company to remain competitive by adjusting and adapting to innovative ideas necessary to support long term organizational strategy.