REMOTE - AZ core business hours
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Monitors system performance, diagnoses system issues, performs emergency and scheduled maintenance.
- Performs application installation, configuration, upgrades, and patches for development, testing, training, and production environments.
- Develops and maintain process and configuration documentation related to the application environments supported. Automates common processes when possible.
- Work as a technical expert with customers, Technology Services, analysts, software engineers and other team members to develop and support technical solutions to complex business problems.
- Perform troubleshooting, testing, and debugging of enterprise applications, patches, upgrades and tenant management.
- Works within application vendor guidelines to ensure support is not invalidated and to coordinate installations.
- Monitor/maintain logs, files systems and directories, and coordinates maintenance with Technology Services.
- Participate in planning, developing, testing, and implementing system architecture, fail-over, and disaster recovery plans.
- Responds to, resolves and follows up on reported issues through the trouble ticketing system within established SLAs.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements.
- Develops and maintains operational documentation.
- Coordinate and manage maintenance windows.
- Provide technical input for project planning and manage project related tasks.
- Perform capacity and performance planning.
- Will require on-call coverage responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Computer Science, Computer Engineer or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in an IT technical or infrastructure field is required.
- 2 years of Cerner System Engineer/System Administrator experience strongly preferred.
Domain refreshes, package installs, Oracle and AIX patching, PROD support, troubleshooting, etc.
Describe your ideal candidate:
SE with Cerner experience
What are the top non-negotiable technical and professional skills required:
Previous work with Cerner systems. Cerner SE certification.