Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is a permanent opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Capital Markets Middle Office Specialist
Location: Charlotte, NC
- Trade capture, P&L generation and attribution, Volcker Risk-based P&L Attribution review, exception resolution, project management, position and trade maintenance, trial balance substantiation, and regulatory reporting
- Interact closely with multiple business partners including Trading, Sales, Finance, Technology, Documentation, Legal, Payments, Market Risk, CRO’s and DRO’s.
- Work with external counterparties in confirming and assuring trades settle appropriately.
- Review, analyze and resolve moderately complex trade issues that require in-depth evaluation
- Advise senior leadership to develop or influence complex derivative products across Capital Markets Middle Office
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex issues with profit and loss generation and trades
- Deliver solutions that are long-term, large scale and require vision, creativity, and innovation
- Provide vision, direction and expertise to senior leadership
- Lead team to meet functional area and process deliverables
- Deliver solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures and compliance requirements
- Lead projects and assist senior managers with industry related initiatives
- Serve as a mentor for less experienced analysts
- 7+ years of Capital Markets industry experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of loan, securities, and derivative products
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- FINRA registration including Series 7 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL, VBA, Python
- Working Knowledge of Access, relation based tables, Excel (sumifs, nested functions, Index Match)
- Capital, RWA, SIMM, UMR, and Collateral experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of how capital markets work within a trading environment and have 7+ years of experience in either a middle office/risk role and/or equivalent experience in supporting a derivative trading desk.
- Strong skill set of profit and loss attribution, strong understanding of derivative pricing and risk, strong operational experience with complicated transactions, a conceptual understanding of either CVA , DVA, FVA, RWA, ImVA, Basel II and Basel III, SIMM/UMR/Margin knowledge, and Dodd-Frank.
- Ability to effectively prioritize while multi-tasking and think outside the box. The candidate must have the ability to work in a fast paced and consistently changing environment.
- Detail-oriented and respond in a timely manner to ad hoc requests.
- Strong skillset in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Access, and VBA. SQL is preferred.
- Experience with trading applications such as Bloomberg, Calypso, and Broadridge is strongly preferred.
- A 4-year degree from an accredited university
- Graduate work and/or other professional designations (MBA, CFA, FRM) is preferred.