Acts as a senior technical team member of a software development team and provides business support for the production systems in assigned business units. Lead in all phases of the system development life cycle. Recommends designs, develops, integrates, and implements custom and packaged solutions to achieve business goals. Delivers solutions that are fit for purpose and meets overall quality standards. Leverages internal client relationships to resolve complex support issues.
- Lead in project analysis, design, and implementation phases
- Analyze project requirements and accordingly decide on technical and functional direction
- Prepare user requirements, technical specifications, and design specifications
- Develop new software and modify existing software when required
- Lead in the definition of coding standards and lead the Peer Code Review processes
- Lead technical support of system acceptance testing and validation activities
- Define the appropriate agile processes to be adopted for a given project
- Drive the continuous improvement of engineering processes
- Lead system maintenance and oversee periodic review processes
- Review and decide upon improvements to existing system designs
- Deliver solutions to improve system performance and reliability
- Respond to customer queries and concerns in a timely fashion. Determine new designs to eliminate future issues.
- Collaborate with teammates and business partners regarding new ideas, issues and projects
- Perform system failure analysis and drive corrective actions. Lead root cause analysis and determine long term solutions.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Accounting, and Finance, or a related field, or equivalent work experience, is required.
Minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting business applications, regulated financial services (preferably banking) environment is required.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience with hands-on development and implementation of Calypso v16 and above preferred.
- Understanding of operating systems, application security configurations, and best practices in Windows and UNIX environment is required.
- Ability to take the initiative to pursue assignments, responsibilities, and support requests to a logical and final solution and to employ System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) standards is required.
- Working knowledge of fixed income and derivative instruments, treasury, capital markets, and accounting knowledge is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience:
- 10+ years of Object-oriented programming (OOP), Java experience of designing, proposing, documenting technology solutions and development experience of client applications, web services, and web applications.
- Relational Database Management Systems, such as Oracle, including PL/SQL and expert SQL.
- Experience in C#.NET is a plus
- Designing, developing, and implementing web services in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Representational State Transfer (REST) environment.
- Diagnosing and resolving complex issues with banking/capital markets systems.
- Developing functional and technical specifications for financial and/or accounting system (vendor or in-house) enhancements.
- Prior experience in large-scale enterprise-wide system implementation in financial services or similar experience strongly preferred.
- Creating and executing application test cases and test plans.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: At the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco, our top priority is the health and safety of our team members, our families, and the communities we serve. As part of our commitment to health and safety, the Bank requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New employees must be able to provide proof of vaccination on their first day of work. A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or two weeks after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine has been administered.
If you are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a sincerely held religious belief, medical condition, or disability, the Bank will consider requests for accommodation in accordance with applicable law.