Title: Business Systems Analyst
Location: AZ-Scottsdale, Hybrid
Term: 6 months
Pay rate: $65/hr
- Collaborate with business partners to understand software needs and define requirements; translate requirements into technical solutions; provide recommendations and contingency plans.
- Document business requirements and capabilities into Business and Technical Design Documents, use cases and stories.
- Lead planning workshops/ design sessions to envision and assess business needs, features and desired capabilities.
- Capture, document and design business, application and data workflows.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance (QA), developers/ engineers and architects to align solutions, identify dependencies, and ensure functional results.
- Conduct feasibility and impact analysis; identify cross-project, application or business unit dependencies; provide solutions to mitigate risk; develop contingency plans for potential impacts.
- Mentor Business Systems Analyst I and II.
- Stay current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to IT Business Systems Analysis processes, procedures and services.
- This position requires a minimum of five years of business analysis experience, including an advanced understanding of the software development life cycle, requirement modeling and process mapping techniques, operating systems (OS400/i5OS, Windows, Linux), databases (DB2, SQL Server), non-relational file structures, system design, analysis, and development methodologies, and quality assurance testing methodologies.
- Experience preparing and/or executing business and technical requirements, specifications, user manuals, test plans, test scripts and test cases is also necessary.
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly.
- Working knowledge of API endpoints (REST, SOAP, JSON, & XML).
- Experience creating/modifying data mapping and user stories based on the behavior of the API endpoints
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio, is necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.