Financial services company is seeking a Business System Analyst. This is a permanent opportunity in the Woodlands, TX.
The Business Systems Analyst I (Power Platform Analyst) is responsible for maximizing the benefit of technology investments by planning, designing, developing, and coordinating the implementation of financial and operations system solutions in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This position also provides system administration support for assigned applications.
- Collaborates with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, operations and system goals and requirements.
- Gathers and analyzes data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and system requirements; develops solutions strategies and prepares reports of findings and recommended actions.
- Leads process improvement efforts by documenting current processes and analyzing the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and processes.
- Manages projects through implementation coordinating approvals, programming and testing.
- Reviews change control and system enhancement requests; communicates systems changes and provides training documentation to end users.
- Provides system administration support for assigned applications such as monitoring systems performance (MS Dynamics 365, Power Platform), executing quality control practices and procedures, assisting end users in processes, and troubleshooting system issues.
- Performs other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Strong technical skills with Microsoft Power Platform, to include Model Driven Apps, Canvas Apps, Power Automate and Power BI.
- Strong functional knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM/Customer Engagement) and/or Power Platform.
- Working Knowledge of Relational Databases (such as SQL, Dataverse); data retrieval methodologies.
- Working Knowledge of SharePoint Online, Power Query
- Understanding of effective UX design
- Ability to identify and communicate potential solutions to end users based on business requirements
- Working knowledge of Agile development, tools, concepts, and mindset.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software and report design (to include Power BI), spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage workload in a high-pressure environment and to instill a sense of urgency in others as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to effectively identify and develop solutions for business needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment.
- Excellent process and project management skills.
- Strategic and problem-solving mindset with developed analytical abilities and organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal communication and technical writing skills with an ability to effectively interact with and convey information to people who possess varying levels of understanding on applicable topics.
- 3+ years’ experience with the analysis and implementation of software and hardware solutions systems or products, required.
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Power Platform, including implementations, upgrades, change management and business process improvement, required.
- 2+ years of Agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban) experience, preferred.
- 2+ years of Dynamics 365 sales, service, or customer engagement experience preferred.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in the banking or financial services industry, preferred.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Accounting, Management Information Systems or related field, preferred.
- Microsoft Certified: Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Fundamentals, preferred.
- Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Functional Consultant, preferred.
- Microsoft Certified: Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Developer Associate, preferred.
- Up to 10% travel expected.