Position: Business Systems Analyst
Location: Remote in US
Term: 5 Months
Our client is seeking a Business Systems Analyst that will work across a number of application teams to help get consistency with how the Company brand is applied across our various internal and external applications. (Someone who has experience in front end development work would be a plus, but not required.)
- Understand the intent and vision behind the overall brand strategy and work across brand, design, and development teams to ensure proper application of that branding to IT systems
- Act as the primary point of contact for the rollout of branding to all Company systems and technology
- Work with development teams to scope and estimate branding changes
- Work with Brand team, IT resources, and PMO to prioritize branding changes
- Work closely with project manager to develop schedules, identify and manage risks, maintain focus on project execution and delivery
- Must have at least a conceptual understanding of application development and system architecture
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills
- Responsible for business analysis activities in accordance with Company's systems development methodology and supporting projects within a specific portfolio area (sales and marketing, supply chain, finance, etc.).
- This individual may work independently or with other Portfolio associates to deliver small scale projects or deliverables for larger projects.
- Responsible for collecting, documenting, and confirming business requirements and functional specifications.
- Works in close collaboration with business partners and developers to ensure consistent understanding of business processes and requirements.
- Defines, develops, and delivers test plans and associated test case scenarios.
- Establishes effective relationships with other Company and vendor IT departments; builds and maintains effective business partner relationships.
- Assists with tasks and deliverables related to System Development Life Cycle phases for package and custom solutions
- Attends and participates in user and project meetings and teams to expand knowledge, as a participant and not in a lead capacity; facilitates project status meetings; tracks project status.
- Investigates and documents project issues and detailed requirements
- Frequently interacts with IT staff including business area management, portfolio managers, vendors, consultants and other contractors.
- Excellent discovery and active listening skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Good group presentation skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good mathematical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good leadership skills
- Good staff development skills
- Knowledge of computers to operative effectively with computer hardware such as general mainframe, midrange, network and desktop technologies; computer software includes application development lifecycle, MS Office Suite and Outlook
- Someone who has experience in front end development work would be a plus, but not required.