Our client is the largest local government in the state of Georgia, providing effective and cost efficient services to approximately one million residents in 14 cities and an unincorporated area. They are seeking a Business Analyst to join their team for a long-term, full time contract opportunity. The essential function of the position within the organization is to provide experienced IT Business Analysts skills that support performance of feasibility analysis, project onboarding and scoping, and working with management teams and the Project Manager to prioritize deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities.
They are seeking a highly capable Business Analyst (BA) to support 2 projects. This candidate will be consulting with functional & technical experts in the Law Department and Legislative Management Teams along with Procurement & Information Technology to implement a Case Management System and a Legislative and Agenda Management System. To ensure success as a BA, they should demonstrate extensive knowledge of IT system integration, migration to the cloud and the ability to document Case Management and Legislative Management processes. Their business & technical expertise must include optimized business processes, services, and case management.
Contract Duration: 8 Months
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or IT
- 5+ years of experience working as a Functional, Data or Business Analyst
- Advanced skills in MS Tools- Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio, and Outlook
- 5+ years of customer interfacing experience – project oversight, customer presentation.
- 5+ years’ work experience in full systems development
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills.
- An overall general understanding of large IT operating environments, Change Control, Desktop Support, Service Desks, Application Development, Release Management, Networks, Storage, Data Centers.
- Familiar with Software and System Development Life Cycles and Agile Development methodology.
- Understands the concepts, best practices, and execution of Business Analysis and Project Management principles.
- Expert skills in process mapping, requirements definition, design documentation and system implementation including using Visio and Adobe.
- Excellent organizational and people management skills. Strong understanding of how to manage change.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Energetic, action-oriented, positive approach to problem solving and ability to balance multiple projects concurrently.
- Good workshop facilitation and presentation skills.
What You Will Be Doing
- Perform feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with management teams and the Project Manager to prioritize deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities.
- Create detailed business requirements and translate them into functional specifications in a Functional Requirement Document (FRD).
- Create Current State and Future State Process documentation.
- Provide analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- Partner with development and analytic teams to provide reporting on software solutions.
- Participate in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
- Focus on the people side of change in systems and technology, processes, job roles and skills, as well as organizational structures.
- Serves as liaison for customers for professional service and support requests.
- Demonstrate proficiency in requirements gathering, estimation, gaining customer approval, execution, testing and delivery of technical solutions.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Develop business process models and documentation.
- Assist business in Change Management activities.