Location: Deerfield Beach, FL
Our client is looking for a Business Analyst for their Data Investment Team.
- Build User Stories according to the requirements and making sure that they meet the acceptance criteria.
- Organize the Product Backlog based on the prioritization provided by the Product Owner.
- Serve as a business advisor whose primary role is to support the Product Owner by analyzing, facilitating dialogue, and getting the correct information to the product owner.
- Provide customers with a high quality and consistent level of proactive and professional IT service, to maintain, enhance and implement technology solutions that enable business processes and operations. The analyst will work to create and maintain positive customer relationships that booster open communication, reliability, trust, and service reliability.
- Be Accountable for managing and delivering support requests, enhancements, and projects for assigned Business Unit / Products. This includes the planning, troubleshooting, facilitation of problem solving, and communicating of a variety of requests, incidents, and problems independently within multiple areas.
- Partner with external and internal customers and vendors to analyze business needs and work with teams on solutions
- Cross-train to learn applications across the assigned Business Unit application portfolio
- Learn the processes and tools needed to perform the role effectively
- Serve as the conduit between the business partners and the technical team through triage, research, requirements, testing, and support
- Work with technology teams, business teams, vendors, and subject matter experts to perform daily activities
- Lead in identifying the business impact of system issues and facilitate communication as appropriate to stakeholders
- Lead assigned initiatives. Communicate status, issues or risks to management and stakeholders
- Perform on-call assignments including nights, holidays, and weekends
- Elicit, understand, interpret, and represent functional and nonfunctional requirements to include business and stakeholder requirements, data and information requirements, data integration, metadata, data quality, service levels and performance
- Plan and facilitate requirement gathering workshops using a variety of techniques such as Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, interviewing, brainstorming, job shadowing, user stories
- Document business, system processes and requirements when applicable
- Engage and communicate with senior management as appropriate
- Elicitation, organization, translation, analysis, and prioritization of both technical and business level functional requirements
- User story creation and backlog grooming in partnership with product owner
- Creation and facilitation of testing strategy, test plans and test scripts
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field
- At least five years of work experience as a business analyst
- Prior experience in Agile environment is highly desired
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- CBAP certification is a plus
- Must possess well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity to interpret complex concepts and information
- Must possess a passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Ability to adjust approach to meet all types of customer communication styles, preferences, and management levels
- Proficiency in translating technical verbiage and complex processes into business friendly terms
- Must possess exceptional and clear interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Must be a self-starter and be highly flexible and adaptable
- Must be highly organized and have excellent follow-up skills