Position: Business Analyst
Location: Hybrid / Carrollton, TX 75010 - 2 days on-site
Term: 6 months Contract to Hire
Our client is seeking a Business Analyst/BA for a 6 month Contract to Hire opportunity.
- Responsible for business analysis activities in accordance with Company systems development methodology and supporting projects within a specific portfolio area (sales and marketing, supply chain, finance, etc.). This individual may work independently or with other Portfolio associates to deliver small scale projects or deliverables for larger projects.
- Responsible for collecting, documenting, and confirming business requirements and functional specifications.
- Works in close collaboration with business partners and developers to ensure consistent understanding of business processes and requirements.
- Defines, develops, and delivers test plans and associated test case scenarios.
- Establishes effective relationships with other Company IT departments; builds and maintains effective business partner relationships.
- Assists with tasks and deliverables related to System Development Life Cycle phases for package and custom solutions
- Attends and participates in user and project meetings and teams to expand knowledge, as a participant and not in a lead capacity; facilitates project status meetings; tracks project status.
- Investigates and documents project issues and detailed requirements
- Frequently interacts with IT staff including business area management, portfolio managers, vendors, consultants, and other contractors.
- Must be willing to travel up to 35 percent of the time.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Data Warehouse Environment
- Basic knowledge of ETL Processing
- Tracing through data Processing
- Data Dictionary Maintenance
- Good Communication and Documentation skills
- Excellent discovery and active listening skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Good group presentation skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good mathematical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good leadership skills
- Good staff development skills Knowledge of computers to operative effectively with computer hardware such as general mainframe, midrange, network, and desktop technologies; computer software includes application development lifecycle, MS Office Suite, and Outlook