Grow your career as a Billing Specialist with an innovative global bank in Tampa, FL. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 2-3 days per week. Will initially be collecting payments. Will support the Latin America billing processing functions. Will have direct operational responsibilities for invoice production, accounting, reconciliation, and investigations related to the LATAM Custody Billing, including the review of key client invoices. This role includes client queries, investigations, metrics, reporting, testing tasks, process improvements and training new and existing coworkers on all processing functions. Will also be involved with special projects such as internal controls, compliance, standard operating procedure writing, software application requirement development and End User Computing development and maintenance.
- Invoice production/review, timely and accurate delivery for custody clients.
- Respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate with team members, management, business partners and clients.
- Develop and document procedures and processes
- Analyze reoccurring issues and assist in developing process improvements.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets and databases.
- Process payment and accounting entries.
- Compile metrics for weekly & monthly reporting to seniors.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and investigate discrepancies.
- Train new team members when hired, on all processing functions.
- Train existing coworkers, on all processing functions for cross training and back up purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- 3 years of experience in securities industry or financial experience collecting payments.
- Spanish speaker is required. Prefer Portuguese speaker.
- Desire to develop expertise in the securities industry and billing functions.
- Investigation and reconciliation ability.
- Understanding of operations, internal controls and risk management.
- Advanced PC skills including MS Excel, MS Access, and SharePoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the world's most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.