Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Software Engineer
Location: MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota, 55415
Term: 12 months
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet key functional business requirements.
- Collaborate with source systems, Product Owners, Data Analysts and Modelers to build scalable data solutions.
- Leverage analytics tools and core data assets to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with key stakeholders across the organization including Executive, Product, Risk and Regulatory and Data Operations.
- Be instrumental in expanding our data-driven culture by improving our data driven experimentation and statistical analysis, quantitative analysis, and data visualizations.
- Stay on top of cutting-edge tools and technology to advance our analytics strategy.
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- 4+ years of Data engineering experience.
- 4+ years of experience in any or all Big-Data stack such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Python.
- 4+ years of Relational data base experience.
- 4 + years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) development experience using any Big-Data technology.
- 2+ years of Agile software development experience.
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based data environments.
- Technical Documentation.
- Desired Skills:
- 4+ years of experience with end-to-end design and delivery of data warehouse applications.
- Experience applying new technologies to business needs in a technologically innovative, change-driven organization.
- Cloud certification (GCP or Azure).
- Bonus points if you have:
- Past Risk and Regulatory platform capabilities, functions, and processes experience and / or experience in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience introducing improvements in his or her workplace through effective analysis, critical thinking, and innovation, including demonstrated ability to present complex concepts, options and recommendations in a manner that supports quality decision making.
- Job expectations:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.