Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Specialty Software Engineer
Location: PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania, 19130
Term: 12 months
- Lead complex initiatives on selected domains.
- Ensure systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Define opportunities to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Lead, design, develop, test and implement applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Lead team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentor less experienced software engineers.
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers.
- Lead team to achieve objectives.
- Partner with production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Data Pipeline Product development – hands on experience designing and building.
- Google Cloud Big Data Specialty – hands on experience.
- Hadoop Services Development - hands on experience.
- Python and Spark Programming – expert level.
- Airflow Custom Operator Development – experience.
- Debezium Open Source CDC – experience is a plus.
- Kafka development.
- CI/CD, DevOps, QA Automation.
- Strong Communicator and Leader.
- 10+ years of information architecture and data modeling experience.
- 10+ years of BI/DW and data modeling experience.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, ETL and BI architectures, concepts and frameworks.
- Deep knowledge of Kimball, Inmon, Data Vault approaches for data warehouse modeling and the core differences.
- Experience in data warehouse/data mart/NoSQL modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical Data Models.
- Deep experience with time-series, dimensional, column-oriented, event sourced, and semantic data modeling patterns.
- Additional Skills:
- Optimizing physical models based on use case needs and data access patterns, considering performance, volumes, and complexity of queries.
- Capable of facilitating data discovery sessions involving business subject matter experts.
- Experience in translating/mapping relational data models into Data Schemas.
- Experience with modeling tools (such as ERWin and ER/Studio).
- Ability to create and maintain conceptual/business, logical and physical data models.
- Ability to translate a logical model into a physical model, adding appropriate physical objects needed to create the database e.g. indexes.
- Experience maintaining a model repository, along with enforcing logical model versioning, tied to physical schema evolution.
- Ability to synchronize models to ensure that database structures match models.
- Familiar with metadata ingestion and translation.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Familiar with Data Governance Process Management.
- Domain Driven Design based Data Product and Data Mesh Architecture concepts to develop highly interoperable data products.
- Cyber Security domain knowledge.
- Data modeling in the GCP/Azure cloud environments are a bonus.
- 5+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.