** This role is remote however ideal candidates will live within an hour of the Alpharetta, GA headquarters as some onsite may be required.
The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for supporting the IT Operation team’s strategic migrations, introduction of innovative technologies, and involved with Dev/Ops activities as directed. The Engineer will work closely with the DevOps team on transformation projects. The position will be an expanding role and manage a variety of both business and technical challenges that emerge daily. The Cloud Engineer needs to demonstrate desire to advance their own skill set, stay abreast of changes in the industry, and improve on the status quo, particularly via automation and optimization. This role will develop into team leadership as additional resources are hired.
- Work within IT Operations and alongside Application Development and Architecture teams to implement and administer cloud infrastructure
- Work with IT Security Architect and CISO to enforce appropriate automation, reporting, and alerting within the cloud infrastructure
- Support the migration projects moving from DC to AWS Cloud
- Enable Dev/Ops activities with tools and governance utilizing AWS and GitLab
- Familiarity with CI/CD toolchains
- Understanding of Agile software development practices
- Creation of reporting mechanisms and metrics for AWS and other cloud platform usage
- Aligning the service delivery and needs of the LeasePlan USA product portfolio to the corporate Digital Transformation strategy through procedures, policies and guidelines
- Work directly with the various technical support towers internally, outsourced and in Managed Service Providers
- Work with IT Project Management and deliver allocated project tasks
- Administer and analyze existing processes to identify automation opportunities across multiple platforms and technologies
- Participate in status calls with Vendors and LPUS stakeholders
- Contribute to thought leadership through participation in team and departmental projects and workgroups
- Work closely with Network Administrator and Cloud Engineer to ensure successful delivery and adoption of IT Services
- Other duties assigned to ensure overall departmental efficiency
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field or appropriate work experience
- 4+ years of Experience with Amazon Web Services
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional certification strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in migrating from on-prem data center to AWS Cloud
- Ability to project and manage costs for cloud resources based on proposed solutions.
- Experience architecting solutions utilizing AWS managed services including EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, RedShift, DynamoDB, Lambda, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, IAM, Transfer Family, Workspaces, ECS, ECR, SNS, API Gateway, Glue, Athena, and DMS
- Hands on experience with Networking, Routing, and Switching, AWS VPCs, Direct Connect, Route Tables, Network ACLs, WAF, etc.
- Significant experience with AD and AzureAD
- Proven experience with security group implementation and usage in AWS ecosystems
- Experience with large AWS Organizations including several AWS account
- Experience with Firewalls and VPN configuration and troubleshooting
- Cyber Security certifications are preferred
- Demonstrated capability coding and designing automation or infrastructure-as-code
- Demonstrate an understanding of how IT Operations supports the LeasePlan business functions and its customers.
- Strong Analytical and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Highly organized with attention to detail, deadline oriented
- Ability to balance priorities and an effective multitasker
- Proactive, Self-Motivated, Team Player
- Confident and Tenacious
- Ability to communicate IT Technical terminology at all levels of the business up to C-Level
- Experience with working with offshore outsourced resources
- Familiarity with formal IT Project Frameworks