- Design and build PowerShell scripts to automate jobs and tasks.
- Identifying existing dependencies and integrations with SSIS packages, stored procedures and other ETL processes.
- Documentation of all jobs, including diagrams of the steps for each job.
- Coordination with the SQL teams to update or upgrade ETL processes or any required permissions changes.
- Collaborates with program managers, team members and other developers on specific project business objectives to determine requirements.
- Creates and maintains related supporting documentation.
- Use best practices to enable rapid new feature development while maintaining multiple functioning software production releases. Developed data analysis and mapping skills with strong attention to detail and concern for data accuracy.
- Strong proficiency in PowerShell scripting, creating automation jobs and automated tasks.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL commonly used concepts, practices and procedures related to relational databases.
- Knowledge in Microsoft SSIS and Microsoft SQL Tools preferred.
- Participate in continuous integration, testing, packaging, and distribution of multiple software components.
- Work closely with Build, Integration, Test and Software engineers to resolve issues related to the automation and release process.
- Participate in code peer reviews.
- Test builds, including maintaining build integrity, resolving compilation errors, resolving unit test failures, and similar issues.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, and communication skills with the ability to effectively identify and translate business user needs, and to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage timelines and prioritize workload in a high-pressure, results-oriented environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment.
- 3+ years’ experience PowerShell scripting required.
- 3+ years of automating jobs and/or tasks with PowerShell preferred.
- 1+ years of Microsoft SQL Tools preferred.
- 1+ years of SQL commonly used concepts, practices and procedures related to relational databases preferred.
Formal Education & Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred.