Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Associate Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: Long term contract
- Collaborate with front-end, QA, product, DevOps, and UX teammates in an agile development environment.
- Perform configuration and maintenance of applications and servers.
- Assist in maintaining project-based infrastructure documentation.
- Support enterprise application performance management, monitoring and logging solutions.
- Troubleshoot and support systems and applications across on-premise and cloud environments.
- Proactively share information regarding risks and opportunities to build competitive advantages and create efficiencies.
- Perform proof of concept for new technologies.
- Works with development, operations and project management groups inside the client.
- Mainly from work from onsite (DFW lab).
- Build, configure and maintain applications in laptops (UMD and PML) with standard corporate images.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent experience in infrastructure engineering.
- Experience with Microsoft AD or Oracle LDAP.
- Experience with storage technologies (SAN and NAS).
- Experience with network technologies (firewall, routing, LAN, WAN, DNS).
- Knowledge of server operating systems, RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x or Solaris 10/11.
- Knowledge of application and web servers (e.g., IBM Web Application Server, IBM Internet Hosting Server and Apache Tomcat Server).
- Knowledge of SSL technologies.
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL, MYSQL, Oracle).
- Knowledge of system monitoring tools (Splunk, New Relic, AppDynamics, Nagios).
- Knowledge of Log Analytic tools (Splunk, Elk, MoogSoft).
- Knowledge of Scripting languages (Shell, Jython, Groovy & PERL).
- Knowledge of Cloud foundry technologies.
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies (VMware ESX Server, Citrix XenApp Server, Microsoft Hyper-V).
- Knowledge of building laptops and configuring applications.