Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Junior Java Developer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 3 months (contract to hire)
- With guidance of senior developers, creates new and maintains current applications, including, but not limited to, bug fixes, feature enhancements, and performance tuning in the Corporate Security, Emergency Planning & Response, Environmental and Safety IT portfolios.
- Researches and implements new technology to enhance current processes, security, and performance.
- Troubleshoots and debugs complex issues; identifies and implements solutions.
- Works with a team to create detailed project specifications, requirements, and estimates, and ensures tasks/projects are completed on time and within scope.
- Works with production operations department to ensure deployments roll out smoothly and customer groups receive appropriate support.
- Documents validation of design decisions.
- Supports the enforcement of policy and procedural changes within the development group.
- Supports the development of coding standards and adhere to best practices and security guidelines set forth by the development team.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Provides on-call production support (24 x 7 x 365), as required.
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 2 years total development experience
- 1 year web application or services experience
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- 2+ years of total development experience
- 2+ years of web application experience
- Airline Industry experience
- Debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Object-oriented and service-oriented application development patterns Testing Pyramid
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of object - oriented programming, common data structures and algorithms, design patterns and best practices
- Experience in at least one web framework, preferably including Spring or Spring Boot.
- Cloud-based development, Azure, Kubernetes.
- Object-oriented and service-oriented application development patterns.
- Experience with Visual Studio and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) or GitHUB.
- Build/deployment tools: Maven, Gradel, Git, Junit, Mockito.
- Other Dev Ops Toolchain: Selenium, Nexus Repository, Hygieia, SonarQube, Fortify on Demand, Slack, GitHub, Jenkins, ElasticSearch, Logstaash, Kibana, New Relic
- Knowledge of relational databases (MSSQL Server, Oracle)
- Ability to scrutinize applications and services to ensure they adhere to security standards
- Networking knowledge (Sockets, TCP/IP, UDP)
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem - solving abilities
- Personal commitment to Agile principles and a continuous improvement mindset
- Knowledge of TDD and automated testing
- Knowledge of PCI Compliance / OWASP standards
- Knowledge of diagnostics tools (SOAPUI, Fiddler, IE Inspector, HTTP Analyzer, Dynatrace)