Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Asset Platform Engineer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 11 months
- Creating documentation for requirements, engineering drawings and diagrams, as well as operational installation (runbooks) to deliver infrastructure services for projects.
- Maintain responsibility for the day-to-day installing, configuring, and managing of the FlexNet agent rollouts and perform infrastructure component updates and upgrades.
- Develop scripts to automate the FlexNet agent deployments across different operating systems.
- Integrate ITAM with SCCM and vCenter.
- Integrate ITAM with other SaaS services.
- Extensively work with software asset analysts.
- Translating business needs into actionable deliverables.
- Work with engineers and analysts to capture requirements for enterprise projects and identify the enterprise infrastructure services required.
- Document infrastructure environments in coordination with other infrastructure and application teams to ensure the system is secure, highly available, and scalable.
- Collaborate with project managers, other engineers, architects, administrators, and customers to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Working with other enterprise infrastructure teams to deliver enterprise services to the businesses.
- Working with service providers of data centers to deploy new solutions.
- Explores and stays abreast of new technologies that can bring value to the organization.
- Manages technology proof of concept selection criteria, evaluation, and testing.
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- 3 years of experience as a systems or infrastructure engineer managing Windows and different flavors of Linux.
- Experience and understanding of industry standard software asset management terms.
- 3 years of experience in handling Kubernetes containers and managing AKS clusters in Azure.
- 3 years of hands on experience with Flexera software asset manager, Flexera ITAM or Flexera One and other Flexera products and modules.
- Mandatory experience.
- Flexera ITAM platform administration.
- Flexera beacon administration.
- Experience with Flexera SaaS Manager integrations.
- Experience with FlexNet agent deployments at scale.
- FlexNet agent troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in working with Flexera One APIs.
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems, Oracle and MS SQL Server databases, SQL queries, and networking.
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Knowledge of programming and scripting, including BASH, Python, VBS, or PowerShell.
- Experience with scripting or programming, including Perl, Python, C, C++, C#, Java, Bash and Shell, or Batch a plus.
- Capability to lead both technical and non-technical discussions.
- Experience with datacenter managed service providers.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and coordinate teams to resolve root cause.
- Ability to manage stressful situations and adapt to changing environments.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds.
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge.
- Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices.
- Proficiency in Agile project management methodology, specifically within the infrastructure area.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).