Terrific PERMANENT Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Our client’s mission is to help their customers and teammates operate more efficiently and effectively through technology so they can reach their full potential. If you’re a Scrum Master who wants to work for a growing company that truly cares about their employees while helping their customers optimize their current strategic processes and people, please read on.
Role: Applications Scrum Master
Location: Phoenix, AZ, Little Chute, WI or Milwaukee, WI
Salary: $100,000 - $120,000 (DOE) + annual bonus
- A successful Applications Scrum Master will apply their experience from delivering a proven portfolio of high value projects and software assets.
- Our client's Scrum Masters lead projects to success by managing others, proactively mitigating risks and resolving potential escalations through the application of Scrum, Kanban, and other Agile practices.
- They are looking for a teammate who can handle the variability of multiple customers and multiple business problems with excitement and passion for the opportunity to deliver value.
- A Scrum Master must successfully navigate their customer’s environment to understand the complexities and meet the customers where they are on their Agile journey.
- As an Applications Scrum Master, you’ll be highly visible, interacting with individuals of all levels throughout the company as well as at their customer organizations.
What is the Job
- Facilitate Scrum events including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospective
- Identify potential risks or roadblocks and develop specific plans to mitigate or address any concerns
- Remove impediments that block the team from completing their work
- Ensure the proper team interactions occur with the Product Owner and the stakeholders for proper alignment planning, refinement, review
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks as well as project/department process and standards.
- Work with the Product Owner to refine the backlogs and handle new requests
- Foster high performing, consistent, and effective teams by promoting continuous improvement and obtaining product/management team feedback
- Help build a fulfilling and productive environment where team members own the product and enjoy working on it
- Produce value-added metrics (burn-up, velocity, earned value, etc.) to assist the team and organization leadership in measuring success
- Serve one or multiple Scrum Teams depending on client needs and organizational structure
- Engage with your sales and service teammates to successfully deliver projects
- Work with all Application team technology stacks, across industries, while building customer knowledge and credibility
- Navigate through ambiguous situations while managing customer expectations
- Engage with sales to cultivate business relationships to help build a ‘customer for life’ mentality to drive future sales
- Will be a servant-leader to a team consisting of software and systems engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business Analytics or Business Administration
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile techniques and artifacts (such as the Scrum Guide, definition of done, product backlog items, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- 5+ years of project management experience across various methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Safe, etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, engineers, and business partners, including proven ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of detail
- Experience in DevOps, Continuous Delivery & Accept Test Drive Development (ATDD)
- Experience working as a Project Manager on application development focused projects
- Certification (PMI PMP, PMI Agile Senior Scrum Master, etc.)
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
How to WOW them
- Experience working in a professional services environment
- Experience/willingness to help grow and mature organizational delivery processes and methodologies
- Advanced Agile Certification (PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, etc.)
- Experience as a business analyst or product owner
- People management experience
- Background in organizational change management/Prosci
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Management
How you will grow:
Through your variety of experiences, you will have the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential. No matter what career path you eventually choose, you will be continually challenged by your team members and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities.
Why you’ll like working here:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) employee matching program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible work arrangements
- Flexible-spending accounts