This Dallas-based leading international law firm has an immediate full-time opening for an Application Support Specialist. This position requires working onsite Monday - Friday for 37.5 hours per week. Expected schedule will be 9:30am to 6pm or 10:30am to 7pm. Will share in an On Call Rotation once every 6 weeks and overtime pay will be available. After training is completed, will be able to work every other week onsite and working from home. As part of the Technology Resource Center on the Service Desk, will be the first point of contact for customer technology requests via telephone or email. Will respond to customer requests and solve technology issues, while taking detailed notes in the incident management system of steps for resolution, and manage the flow of other requests.
- 3-5+ years experience as an Application Support Specialist.
- Advanced MS Office Skillset – Certifications in Word and Outlook preferred. Office 2016 preferred.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and use these skills to resolve issues for end-users.
- Thorough knowledge of complex automated information systems management as normally acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in MIS, computer science or business administration or, the equivalent experience.
- Communication skills necessary to follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff to provide information with courtesy and tact by e-mail, telephone or in-person.
- Effective communication skills necessary to document, follow and communicate complex technical processes and instructions.
- Providing 1st and 2nd level support for firm approved applications and technology equipment.
- Delivering high-level customer service in a fast-paced environment with the ability to stay positive under pressure.
- Producing documented details of all service calls in the ticketing system.
- Participating in and understanding the life cycle of application deployments, including application installation, testing, deployment, support, and upgrades.
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of the needs and issues of customers, departments and practice groups.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of assigned application sets. With a focus on specific applications assigned to become the Subject Matter Expert for both the end user and from the troubleshooting side.
- Creating and maintaining Knowledge Base articles for end user support issues.
- Monitoring support issues related to the assigned applications.
- On assigned SME applications, participating with the project team on upgrades and keeping communications open so that the TRC, the IT Department and user community are informed.
- Troubleshooting application problems, acting as liaison between the customer and the application owner, and at times with the vendor that may be engaged to resolve issues.
- Utilizing effective communication skills to ask good questions and actively listening in order to focus on the problem the customer is facing.
- Building relationships with end users and staff to provide next level support and a culture of collaboration.
- Continual and self-paced improvement of technical expertise, specifically mastery of the firm’s applications and other technology.
- Ability to be self-directed, stay on top of deadlines and follow-up with assignments that are outside of answering service calls.
- Due to the time-sensitive nature of the work and the limited availability of replacement personnel, regular full-time attendance, including being available to work unscheduled overtime hours, is an essential function of the position.