Come work for an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services on an overall mission to heal, discover and educate for longer, healthier lives.
Position: Application Analyst
Location: Mainly remote with some onsite in Minneapolis, MN
The Application Analyst role is responsible for configuring, documenting, testing, modifying and maintaining software applications. Build specific applications and technology expertise to and contribute to the specification and design development process. Create system and operating documentation. Job functions include configuring applications by translating the business requirements into software specifications.
- Configure, modify, test and troubleshoot existing programs/software. Analyze end user data and business needs to recommend changes and optimize of program/system performance. Develop deep application knowledge within specified focus areas. Write and maintain application systems documentation.
- Proactively participates in IT workflow processes including 1) Incident and Problem Management, 2) IT Service Request Management, 3) Change Control Management and 4) IT Project Management.
- Accurately translates business requirements to detail-level system specifications and evaluates against current system capabilities. Understands workflows with the objective to meet business needs.
- Effectively unit test all code and programs prior to releasing them to the quality assurance team. Resolve all unit test issues in a timely manner. Assist the quality assurance team in identifying test cases and in creating/mining test data to enable a thorough test of all deliverables. Provide implementation/production support as required.
- Evaluate and understand dependencies between applications to understand if making a change in one application would have a negative impact in another application. Use knowledge of assigned application(s) to help resolve issues and drive optimal business solutions.
- Support the implementation planning for application program requirements. Support the end-user and technical operations staff as required by providing excellent customer service. Assist senior development staff with the integration of technology within and across areas of IT.
- Works as a member of an application team as well as with other application and technical teams. Supports multiple concurrent work efforts, educates and coaches other team members, and works with minimal supervision in support of team initiatives.
Required Skills and Experience
- Skills: Nurse Call, Vocera, Communications, IT Infrastructure knowledge, Great Customer communication and service
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and related work experience
- 3-5 years of IT application experience
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated analytical critical thinking skills for process development or problem resolution.
- Knowledge of healthcare processes and application system coordination.
- Knowledge of database structure and reporting techniques and tools.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT field
- Experience within the Healthcare Industry
- Certifications and experience relative to the role