Application Administrator - Tableau/Alteryx
Rate (W2): $55+/hr., DOE
Contract Duration: 12 months
Location Type: Remote
- Evaluate and deploy Tableau and Alteryx software packages to dev, qa, stage and production environments
- Participate in the configuration and maintenance of user access.
- Perform basic patch testing, deployment, and maintenance activities
- Perform basic disaster recovery testing for applications
- Troubleshoot basic problems to define and resolve Tableau and Alteryx system, application and/or customer issues
- Manage assigned environment, recommends modifications to address issues with performance or security
- Monitor system activity and recommends parameter tuning
- Provide basic technical assistance to services and operations teams
- Provide input to created documentation for internal support teams
- Stay current on the latest industry technologies, trends, and strategies
- Provide software support to employees, vendors, or other customers by answering questions related to application procedures and services
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Proactively manage and respond to support tickets in ServiceNow
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in general administration of production and development Tableau and Alteryx environments
- Knowledge of Tableau and Alteryx package deployment including knowledge of deployment package objects
- “Tableau Server Certified Associate” certification preferred
- “Alteryx Server Administration” certification preferred
- Experience supporting AWS MySQL RDS and Redshift databases
- Knowledge building and supporting Linux servers hosted at AWS
- Knowledge of support for custom Tableau mobile applications
- Familiarity with Chef based DevOps server configurations at AWS
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline-based software deployment using Jenkins
- Experience managing S3 buckets at AWS potentially using CLI
- This position requires a minimum of three years of Tableau and Alteryx application server experience
- General knowledge of the following: server operating systems, server topologies, server hardware, and security is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including skills with Word and Excel are necessary
- Basic understanding of network components and function is required
- Retail (IT) experience preferred
- Ability to meet established service levels, availability, performance, data privacy, and security guidelines is necessary
- This position requires good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Proven ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, IT Software Engineering or related technical field or equivalent work experience.