Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Amisys Benefits Configuration Administrator to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has over 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina, serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by providding innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Amisys Benefits Configuration Administrator
Term: 14 + Months
Location: Remote, USA
- Bachelors degree or associates degree from a technical school. If no degree, 5 years of experience in system or application administration.
- 3 years of experience in system or application administration.
- Experience with AMISYS Benefits Configuration
- Experience setting up new plans, configuring new benefits or provider contracts in Amisys.
- Fulfillment team: prior experience with other document management systems.
- Prior experience with Amisys module.
- Prior experience with Macess would be beneficial.
- Effective and productive with remedial tasks; capable with direction to address more complex tasks
- Ability to assimilate factual data pursuant to formulating a conclusion
- Ability to understand and assess technical specifications and explain to others in non-technical terms
- Ability to assist senior team members in managing moderately complex projects effectively, and prioritize activities to meet deliverable dates
Identify simple to moderate business requirements and solutions related to the support of the specific business area for implementation of a packaged system software (Amisys). Responsible for configuration and administration of Amisys, and participating in process design, and system testing.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for an Amisys, including data definitions, usage and file structure, technical structure of the code and the business rules, and structure of requirements that govern the functionality of the system.
- Assist in the development of Amisys modification requirements and Interface Design Specifications.
- Establish and maintain simple to moderate/complex Amisys file configuration.
- Perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand and execute all assignments, mostly simple and moderate with a few complex ones.
- Plan and serve as a key liaison with business areas during development and implementation.
- Identify best practices, communicate and implement these practices within the department.
- With support analyze application and system problems and incidents; develop recommendations and solutions for those problems, implement those solutions, and provide communications on the associated actions, business impacts, and results. Complete project tasks within the allocated time and budget
- Provide detailed configuration expertise and consultative support to customers and business partners in order to ensure the development of efficient enterprise solutions Provides appropriate communication method as needed.
- Fulfillment Team: Perform key components of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC):
- Assist in designing solutions that support business needs
- Code Development and Maintenance
- Unit Testing - creating sample data sets to validate that the code is developed to perform as intended
- Documentation - writing system/technical specifications to ensure solution supports functional requirements.
****To be eligible to contract at this client you must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check.