Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Specialty Software Engineer
Location: PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania, 19130
Term: 12 months
- Lead complex initiatives on selected domains.
- Ensure systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Define opportunities to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Lead, design, develop, test and implement applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Lead team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentor less experienced software engineers.
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers.
- Lead team to achieve objectives.
- Partner with production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of Big Data Platform (data lake) and data warehouse engineering experience preferably with Hadoop stack.
- 5+ years of strong Python and other functional programming skills.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience building modern, resilient, and secure data pipelines.
- Data Pipeline Product development – hands on experience designing and building.
- Google Cloud Big Data Specialty – hands on experience.
- Hadoop Services Development - hands on experience.
- Python and Spark Programming – expert level.
- Airflow Custom Operator Development – experience.
- Debezium Open Source CDC – experience is a plus.
- Kafka development
- CI/CD, DevOps, QA Automation
- Strong Communicator and Leader
- Hands-on experience developing and managing technical and business metadata.
- Experience creating/managing Time-Series data from full data snapshots or incremental data changes.
- Hands-on experience with implementing fine-grained access controls such as Attribute Based Access Controls using Apache Ranger.
- Experience automating DQ validation in the data pipelines.
- Experience implementing automated data change management including code and schema, versioning, QA, CI/CD, rollback processing.
- Experience with automating end to end data lifecycle on the big data ecosystem.
- Experience with managing automated schema evolution within data pipelines.
- Experience implementing masking and/or other forms of obfuscating data.
- Experience designing and building microservices, APIs and, MySQL.
- Advanced understanding of SQL and NoSQL DB schemas.
- Advanced understanding of Partitioned Parquet, ORC, Avro, various compression formats.
- Developing containerized Microservices and APIs.
- Google cloud data services experience (bonus).
- Familiarity with key concepts implemented by Apache Hudi or Iceberg, or Databricks Delta Lake (bonus).
- 5+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.