Position: Agile Scrum Master/Kanban Flowmaster
Location: Durham, NC 27709
Term: 9 months
- Coaches and advises the teams as well as leadership on desired Scrum processes, procedures, values, and interactions as well as opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Strives to enable teams to become self-organizing, cross-functional, and accountable while assisting them to achieve their Sprint plan by facilitating Scrum/Kanban/SAFe events, removing impediments, and resolving issues outside of the team's control.
- Lead the planning and execution of development and delivery of efforts for one or more products to a high standard.
- Coachable, and knows how to work with Product Owners, Scrum/flow Masters, Developers, and Stakeholders.
- Execute and follow the Agile transformation strategies laid out by the Agile Transformation Coach and transformation team, work as a good team player to enable understanding, learning and behaviors in an Agile way that drives customer and business value while creating a healthy Agile team culture.
- Responsible for managing and assisting with requirements gathering, design, development, and implementation of the Cúram/Java web-based software application on n-tier infrastructure, interfacing with various internal and external applications on a variety of platforms.
- Use Agile (Scrum, Kanban) principles to understand and execute the resolution of backlog items by working closely with the Product Owner(s) and the project team(s), ensuring deliverables reflect requirements, are effective solutions, and are delivered with quality.
- Play a key role in resolving business and team conflicts with active involvement in technical matters, finding gaps, and ensuring Product Owner involvement in business decisions and description of the business flow.
- Demonstrate a high level of expertise in understanding and estimating work effort, collaborating to refine prioritized backlogs, facilitating Scrum ceremonies or Kanban events, and related aspects of Agile methodology.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7 years of experience turning complex business needs into user scenarios, flow, and diagrams and strong organization and analytical thinking skills.
- 5 years of experience understanding and implementing Agile values, principles, and practices (i.e., Kanban, Scrum) based on the Team's maturity.
- 7 years of experience with tools like MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- 7 years of experience with stakeholders for backlog item prioritization, grooming, and understanding of epic/stories/tasks.
- 7 years of experience with JIRA to create/enhance dashboards, monitor the progress of sprint/workflow, and provide statuses in a timely manner.
- 7 years of experience working on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously without impact on the quality of work.
- 7 years of experience with work breakdown and estimation, sprint planning, monitoring progress, and removing impediments to deliver solutions for business needs.
- 5 years of experience using facilitation and communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- 7 years of experience using risk and business impact analysis and reporting skills.
- 4 years of experience in gaining buy-in and support from stakeholders.
- 4 years of experience managing, maintaining and analyzing data to derive meaningful and actionable insights about the portfolio.
- 4 years of experience using effective leadership, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- 4 years of experience working with planning is just enough, just in time to START moving forward.
- 2 years of experience with setup, tracking, monitoring flow, and reporting in Jira
- 2 years of experience in software development and debugging using programming languages like Java or .Net/C# etc.
- 2 years of SQL experience in a relational database like Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
Even better if you have:
- Certified Scrum Master or Kanban certification
- Certified SPC or SAFe agilist in SAFe transformation
- Experience with JIRA Align and Portfolio Planning.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices