Our client is seeking an Accountant for a 100% remote, contract opportunity.
Term: 12 weeks
- Prepare General Ledger Account Reconciliations - Prepares daily reconciliations for various Balance Sheet accounts. Preparation includes detailed reconciliation with appropriate supporting documentation, the ability to explain fluctuations, and working cross-functionally to ensure all reconciling items are resolved promptly.
- Journal Entry Preparation - Prepares recurring and non-recurring journal entries for various General Ledger accounts in accordance with GAAP and Bread accounting policies on a daily and monthly basis.
- Daily Tasks - Works cross-functionally with other departments as well as clients to ensure the accuracy of cardholder account activity, daily wire settlements, balance transfer campaigns, client, and association settlement. This can include detailed account investigation, issue resolution, and executing accurate cardholder/client adjustments and understanding the financial implications.
- Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Experience: One or more years in Accounting focused on month-end close processes, daily General Ledger account reconciliations, or related applicable experience
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office - primarily Excel.
- Good understanding of accounting and a focus on detail that will enable the candidate to prepare and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build good working relationships with others.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently.