Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Software Engineer
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28202
Term: 12 months
- The Team works in financial crimes data technology, responsible for aggregating customer, account, and transaction data from across the enterprise.
- The team is responsible to process approximately 100 million transaction records, $5-6 trillion dollars of transaction along with the associated customer and account related records from 60 enterprise sources daily.
- They populate the data into a data warehouse – they support the Bank Security Act (BSA), Patriot Act and other Federal regulations protecting our company from violations concerning Anti Money Laundering (AML), terrorist financing, human trafficking, and other financial crimes.
- We protect our company from doing business with entities attempting to misuse our financial services in the commission of a crime.
- The data is utilized by processes that monitor customer transaction activity, financial crimes investigation.
- When unusual transaction activity is suspected our data is the source used to file Suspicious Activity Referrals (SARs) to the proper government agencies who will further investigate and respond with legal actions, as necessary.
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Data technology development experience unitizing Teradata, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Extract Transform and Load (ETL) using Ab Initio, highly skilled SQL data analysis skills, Unix scripting/navigation, and Autosys scheduler experience.
- In-depth bank process knowledge highly focused data analysis skills, production support and deployment validation duties ensuring consistent production stability and data quality.
- 4+ years of Ab Initio experience
- 4+ years of Teradata experience
- 4+ years of UNIX experience
- 4+ years of Autosys experience
- 4+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 4+ years of Big Data experience
- 3+ years of financial services industry experience
- 4+ years of financial crimes experience
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.