Grow your career as an Ab Initio Admin Support with an innovative global bank in Tampa, FL. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 2-3 days per week. Will provide platform support (configuration, install, server performance). Will provide technical expertise to the Middleware Ab Initio Administration team. Will also work with complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting needs.
- Ab Initio, Ab Initio on Hadoop and ETL infrastructure middleware support.
- Platform design, cluster setup, Ab Initio installation and configuration, application environment setup and 24x7 support for supported applications and products.
- Talend admin, setting up web instances for Talend Administration Center (TAC).
- Incident management, problem management, change management, request management by using ServiceNow.
- Collaboration/teamwork with people from other functions and line of business (SA’s, DBAs, Storage Teams, App Support Teams, App Dev Teams, Architects, App Management team, Engineering).
- Support Ab Initio integration with storage and clustering layers like SAN, NAS, Veritas Cluster, Load Balancers, High availability.
- Problem detection, issue resolution, root cause analysis and permanent fix implementation for complex environmental and production issues.
- Perform Ab Initio and related product upgrades to stay up to date to the latest versions and features.
- Plan and execute annual disaster recovery tests which include switching the whole infrastructure over to the DR data center.
- Ab Initio on Hadoop setup, configuration and support. Involves working with HDMFS (Hadoop Multi File system), Yarn for resource allocation, various CDH (Cloudera Distributed Hadoop) and Cloudera manager.
- Performance monitoring, tuning and proactive mitigation of capacity related issues.
- Work with technology vendors like Ab Initio, Talend, etc.
- Productivity optimization, automation and drive cost saving initiatives for the organization.
- Risk and audit management to fulfil regulatory compliance requirements.
- Work proactively & independently to address project requirements, and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risks.
- Create and maintain detailed up-to-date technical documentation.
- Bachelor's of Engineering/Technology degree is required.
- 5+ years of comprehensive and in-depth experience in the IT industry with specialization and expertise in data warehousing, ETL, Ab Initio administrator.
- Must have extensive exposure to Ab Initio environment.
- Prefer experience in development or production support.
- Well-versed with various flavors of Unix/Linux, should be comfortable with scripting.
- Must have Unix experience - knowing basic Unix commands and operations, gauge server performance.
- End to end understanding of the Ab Initio architecture and products.
- Must have worked with the latest version of Co-operating system. Preferably 3.X or higher.
- Expertise in working with Ab Initio Graphical Development Environment (GDE).
- Awareness of setting up new Ab Initio servers, migration from old to new servers, creating new projects and maintaining artifacts and connectivity, etc.
- Experience with scheduling in Ab Initio Control Center and troubleshooting related issues.
- Basic understanding about Autosys job scheduling and preliminary troubleshooting.
- Understanding of Apache/Tomcat/Single Sign On.
- Must be able to debug and solve basic JVM issues.
- Ability to perform basic SSL/Certificates tasks like installation/upgrade/renewal.
- Knowledge on Authorization Gateway/Query It/Metadata Hub.
- Understanding on Ab Initio resource utilization and capacity requirements.
- Able to troubleshoot performance related problems in and outside of the Ab Initio graph.
- Acquainted with Ab Initio EME repository.
- Experience performing admin functions like user creation/code promotion/object tagging/checkin/checkout.
- Familiarity with advanced Ab Initio components like continuous flows, Micrograph, Ab Initio-Queues, MQ, JMS, ConductIT (plan), XML components.
- Able to fine tune the Ab Initio graphs for better performance.
- Familiarity and experience with SDLC followed in organizations.
- Awareness of criticality of various environments.
- Understanding of Hadoop, YARN, Cloudera manager, Cloudera BDR, Hive, HUE and MySQL.
- Understanding of Database systems preferably Oracle and SQL Server.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like App dynamics and Splunk.
- ITIL process and tools understanding, preferably Service Now.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.