Title: Wire Supervisor
Location: Boston, MA
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
This position requires subject matter expertise with hands on experience in Wire Operations and Management. In this role you will ensure the day to day operations of the Wire Department and its staff meet the bank’s high standard of service. To meet these high standards, the Manager must ensure that the department operates at optimum efficiency with strong and effective controls in place to protect the bank from any potential risk or loss. The Manager must be able to motivate staff to achieve personal and corporate goals while promoting, through action, the core values and culture of the bank.
Common goals, uncommon potential
As a Wire Supervisor, you must be able to motivate staff to achieve personal and corporate goals while promoting, through action, the core values and culture of the bank.
What you will do as a Wire Supervisor:
- Manage the workflow of the department to ensure that all transactions are processed accurately and in accordance with internal and external SLA’s, guidance, and expectations.
- Address internal and external service complaints and work to not only identify issues, but find ways to resolve them.
- Operate in a hands-on capacity with the wire system for wire entry, approval and exception processing. Function extends to supervisory role for reporting, daily wire reconciliation, exception handling, and new customer onboarding.
- Maintain positive, open communication with internal and external partners that encourages transparency. This includes all internal departments and appropriate vendors.
- Ensure the Wire Department adheres to all appropriate rules, regulations, laws, and guidance issued by internal and external established governing agencies.
- Ensure internal Policies, Standards, and Procedures are maintained in a way that keeps us in compliance with directives from governing agencies (Internal & External).
- Ensure the Wire Department adheres to Policies, Standards, and Procedures as well as approved guidance from Internal Audit and Compliance.
- Work closely with appropriate vendors and monitor their performance.
- Escalate production issues appropriately.
- Hold vendors accountable for meeting SLA's.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by management.
- Recruit, screen, and hire Wire Room staff as needed.
- Provide individual coaching and perform required semiannual and annual performance reviews.
- Encourage personal and professional growth.
- Create a succession plan in Wire Ops and develop staff accordingly.
- Handle staffing and personnel administration needs for the department.
- Execute on strategies and action plans for the department in support of the overall vision and long term goals of the Bank.
- Provide support for projects and system testing
- Provide subject matter expertise
- Communicate department vision upwards to management and to staff for daily operations.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Strong leadership skills
- Expertise in Wire Operations / Processing
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Perform well under pressure
- Strong computer skills and must be proficient in Word and Excel at a minimum
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent of at least 5 years of experience in Wire Transfer processing
- Work well as an individual and as a team member
- Strive to provide extraordinary service
- Believe in our client’s culture and values
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Own your work and your career — apply now