Windows Systems Administrator - Decatur, GA
If you are looking for a flexible and "family-first" culture, look no further! Small yet stable firm in Decatur seeking a seasoned Windows Sys Admin for their daily maintenance and operations of three geographically dispersed, enterprise class data centers and related equipment.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Guarantee the integrity and availability of all aggregated data through backups, disaster recovery plans, and period backup and restoration testing.
- Maintain physical data center security and security of all assets contained therein.
- Continuously evaluate the performance of infrastructure and information systems in order to isolate and remove inefficiencies.
- Ensure overall systems security by administering patches, virus protection, systems upgrades, and SSL certificate evaluation and renewal.
- Ensure that both hardware and software are kept current per industry standards.
- Review trends and developments in the technology marketplace.
- Research new products, methodologies, for possible augmentation of existing systems as available.
- Maintain cost competitive service contracts with vendors.
- Help administer the SQL Server databases as needed
The ideal candidate has a mix of the following skills:
- Windows Active Directory
- VMWare ESX
- Windows Server (2003 - 2019)
- MS Exchange
- MS SQL Server
- Mitel VOIP System
- Mimecast email security gateway (or similar)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
The Perks: True work-life balance & family first culture. Excellent benefits, robust PTO, work from home options, excellent leadership and more! Please send a resume and LinkedIn profile today to discuss this fantastic opportunity!!
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.