Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Come work for this global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services to be a part of building a better working world for customers and communities.
Position: Windows Operations Specialist- Must be a US Citizen with Top Secret Clearance
Location: Alpharetta GA 30009
Term: 3 months
- Re-creation, analysis, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of incidents relating to off-the-shelf and proprietary applications and/or platforms.
- Determination of root cause of incidents (configuration vs. defect).
- Liaison with appropriate teams for the development of corrective actions or viable workarounds to resolve incidents.
- Installation of applications in supported environments.
- Deployment of application upgrades and fixes.
- Responding to automated alerts on the health of systems.
- Executing scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of applications.
- Performing routine audits of systems for the purpose of preventative maintenance of applications and reporting on their status.
- Adhere to E&Y and ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Effective call management including logging, monitoring / updating, prioritizing and resolving calls in a timely fashion.
- Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Windows 2003 / 2008 R2 / 2012 Server
- IIS 6.0 / 7.0
- SQL 2000 / 2005 / 2008 / 2012
- .NET Framework 3.5 / 4.x
- Demonstrable knowledge of C#, VB.Net.
- Experience in Autonomy product.
- Read and Modify XML based config files.
- Experience with Web Services.
- Read, Modify and Execute SQL scripts.
- Verify user and group rights to server machines, folders and files.
- Verify IIS application permissions and configurations, platform and tasks (security, application pooling, SSL certificates, etc.).
- Demonstrable Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of web platforms such as IIS.
- Intermediate to senior level .NET programming and/or scripting experience. (C#, Shell Scripting, HTML 5, HTML).
- Verify configuration of Windows services.
- Execute application install packages.
- Query SQL tables and views to identify data related issues.
- Analyze XML data feed files to identify data related issues.
- Analyze SQL execution plans to identify performance bottlenecks.
- Analyze Windows performance statistics to identify resource bottlenecks.
- Analyze logs from IIS, Windows events, and SQL to identify errors.
- Ability to read and understand code (Code-competency) for diagnosis, escalation to tier 4 teams.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems i.e. remote access tools, Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
- General understanding of various IT security concepts as they relate to production environments.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Stored Procedures, SSIS and Data Transformation Services, Tables, Foreign Keys, Indexes.
- Familiarity with SQL DBMS interface and integrated tools.
- Creation of simple queries, running pre-defined scripts, configuration, security, and interpreting logs and traces.
- Understanding of n-Tier application architecture concepts.
- General knowledge of SQL and In-depth knowledge of MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2014.
- Experience of Active Directory/LDAP.
- Experience supporting multi-tier environment.
Even better if you have:
- Conceptual understanding of peripheral hardware such as load balancers, WAN optimizers, etc.
- General understanding of networking/LAN/WAN/DMZ concepts.
- Conceptual SQL knowledge relating to replication setup, DTS, clustering, etc.
- Experience with performance monitoring tools and analysis i.e. MS PerfMon.
- Experience supporting applications in shared or virtual environments.
- Conceptual understanding of networking hardware (switches, routers, etc.).
- Remedial knowledge of Active Directory Accounts.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!