Are you a Windows Cloud Operations Support Analyst experitise experienced working in a 24/7 rotational environment? Do you live, eat, and breathe AWS but also have experience within both Iass and Pass environments? Do you also have a love for both on prem and cloud Windows environments? Are you extremely collaborative and enjoy working with your teammates? Are you looking for your next long term career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
TITLE: Windows Cloud Operations Support Analyst
The Cloud Operations Specialist is responsible for, maintaining and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly and securely. As a Cloud Operations Specialist you will work closely with the other members of the broader Cloud Support teams in day to day operational knowledge transfers, maintenance and support.
The role requires you to have hands-on technical OS and cloud experience with a “can-do” approach towards cloud, environment automation / management and continuous improvement.
The Cloud Operations Specialist will be engaged in a number of operational activities including maintain standards and stability across the IaaS/Paas environment, maintain and update productional OS AMI’s, participate in Vulnerability Management, SOC1/SOC2 Audits and Client Compliance Audits.
The nature of the role as well as the distribution of the team members, shift demands and on-call rotation, requires the individual to be a self- starter, focused, motivated, flexible with good communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 24x7 support and maintenance of the AWS Iass & Paas environments, providing application stability and resiliency with 99.5% uptime
- Provide L3 AWS Windows support on AWS infrastructure
- Provide support within the various Paas/Iaas components of the cloud frameworks, including network/access, security and storage.
- Assist in Change, Incident and Problem management
- Monitor, analyze and remediate vulnerabilities and findings
- Manage and adhere to compliance policies
- Maintain AMI’s leveraging Terraform and Puppet
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new cloud technologies and translate traditional and other cloud-related experience
- Work with technical and business units across the organization as an operational reference point, offering advice, support and guidance on OS and infrastructure related issues.
- Ensure regular / recurring tasks and activities are managed efficiently and within defined time constraints.
- Maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- AWS Solutions Architect – Associate Certification (SAA-C01 or SAA-C02)
- Minimum 5 years of hands on experience in Windows administrator for both on-prem and cloud; focus on Windows 2019 and 2016
- Practical hands on experience with build, patch, compliance, and L2/3 support
- Minimum 2 years of hands on experience with AWS Iaas/Paas configuration and support
- Practical hands on experience with writing Puppet integration and/or Terraform modules
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud framework, including storage (S3/EFS/DFS cluster)
- Working knowledge of NetBackup
- Working knowledge of User administration
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as ntp,smtp,Apache,etc.
- Experience configuring and support SQL clustering
- Familiar with cloud security frameworks, compliance requirements and security operations
- Some knowledge of NIST 800-53 and ISO 22301 standards and controls would be a plus.
- Experience in patch management and AWS Patch Manager
- Hands on experience on User administration.
- Need to have knowledge on DR activity/Storage migration.
- Monitoring & event management & alert dispatch for PaaS / IaaS
- Experience with Vormetric encryption tool
- Incident, Problem, Change, Request for IaaS and/or PaaS
- Advanced English oral and written communication skills.
- Confident but reassuring customer-facing style and excellent organizational skills.
- Good team player skills coupled with good analytical skills.
- Good understanding of Cloud concepts, architectural principles and experience in operating within a cloud environment
- Self-motivated learner with drive to investigate problems with minimal instruction and supervision.
- Will be required to be flexible in working hours. Covering 16x5 shifts and 24x7 on-call
- Will be required to undertake security vetting.
- Positively react to change as the Company evolves and the needs of the environment change.
- Carry out other duties, not covered above, as necessary, which will be deemed appropriate to the nature of the department and/or role.