Our client is looking for a Windows Administrator to join the team for a contract-to-hire opportunity! You will be responsible for the architecture and design of complex Intel/ESX computing environments, which are the foundation for all computer services. You will be focused on Intel/ESX Administration, VMWare Virtualization technologies, IBM hardware and Disaster Recovery processes.
- Provide expert knowledge in the layout and configuration of IBM or Dell hardware and VMware clustered environments.
- Provide VM guest, ESX cluster , virtual network, and I/O high availability strategy for the ESX and SQL environments.
- Develop migration plans for major system upgrades. Create system images used to build new servers to DOD STIG standards.
- Provide high level of expertise in the architecture, design, availability, and backup of ESX environments.
- Provide high level of expertise in the architecture, design, availability, and backup of clustered SQL environments.
- Lead team in support of incident management, project delivery, and compliance activities.
- Coordinate with other Information Technology (IT) teams to understand business needs and requirements in order to deliver improvements to processes, projects, and services.
- Measure and track performance.
- Lead teams to enhance performance and achieve targets.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coordinate maintenance of Disaster Recovery retention policies.
- Collaborate with application owners to implement sound, reasonable backup, and retention policies.
- Monitors service level agreements to maximize value to the business.
- Design, maintain, and document server configurations/layouts.
- Build new servers using VMware/VSphere, and ESX Virtualization.
- Coordinate various hardware and firmware upgrades for multiple hardware platforms.
- Maintain VMware VSphere Management Consoles.
- Coordinate/Develop upgrade strategies on Intel, ESX, and SQL platforms.
- Apply emergency/hot fixes to Intel operating systems.
- Ensure security guidelines are implemented and audited.
- Troubleshoot various production/implementation issues involving a variety of Intel/ESX based software applications establishing root cause and recommending solutions.
- Thorough understanding of Intel/ESX environments, SQL clustered environments, Imaging Systems on Intel platform experience, Storage Area Network experience, and Disaster Recovery strategies.
- Proficient in troubleshooting complex technical problems.
- Demonstrated experience successfully delivering complex initiatives, meeting quality and time expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at a highly technical level in order to work effectively with peers and other I/T staff.
- Recognized industry Administrator certification.
- Associate’s degree in computer science or related field and three to five years of Intel/ESX experience or any combination of experience with training and /or certification.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field and five to ten years of Intel/ESX experience or an equivalent combination of experience with training and/or certification.
- Highly developed problem solving skills and the ability to focus attention on details.
Staff working in this role will require Federal Security Clearance, and must be a U.S. Citizen. Security Clearance will be provided by client, upon employment engagement.