Type: Contract - 3-6 months
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Our client, an IT Services company, is seeking a Web Developer.
The Web Applications Developer II is a mid-level position and is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining web-based systems. They will be responsible to troubleshoot and solve software issues as well as research technical problems and suggest solutions / improvements for web applications. This role will also integrate new web products/technologies with existing web applications and complete assigned development work efforts/initiatives.
- Participate in collaborating on the design / architecture of projects to find the best solution to meet project / request requirements.
- Complete the development, developer testing, implementation of web-based applications and integrations across multiple products and organizational units by using guidelines, templates, standards and procedures meeting the agreed upon architecture / design. (65%)
- Help troubleshoot and resolve web application issues and research technical problems, working and escalating to include others as needed.
- Work independently or with team as needed to complete development or resolve issues assigned according to the standards. (10%)
- Help other developers and timebox / ask for assistance when needed to ensure development remains on track.
- Learn and integrate new technologies and support the implementation of new standards / process changes. (10%)
- Follow SDLC processes and participate in Agile / SCRUM meetings, tasking / sizing work, offering alternative solutions to meet requirements and escalating issues throughout the sprint.
- Work with team to breakdown stories if needed to ensure they are sprint sized deliverables and apply effort to ensure stories are completed as agreed upon during the sprint planning sessions. (10%)
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. (5%)
- Must have 2 - 4 Years of experience in web programming, specifically planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Intermediate level knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and best practices (SOLID principles, etc.) and their use in client-side web applications, interfaces and databases.
- Intermediate level knowledge of SOA design, service development and reuse (.NET Core, WCF, ASMX, etc.).
- Understanding of test driven development, unit test and integration test development.
- Ability to participate in and foster an environment that promotes collaboration, the exchange of information and successful accomplishment of shared goals with business stakeholders, IT service peers, and vendor partners.
- Analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and communication including strong customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, execute tasks and escalation to verify decisions while under pressure.
- Ability to adhere to standards and processes including for development, the SDLC, Agile/SCRUM and security.
- Excellent understanding of organization’s goals and objectives.
- Experiencing working in an Agile / SCRUM development environment and with related software
- Experience working in the Credit Union or Financial industry
- Experience with PCI, SSAE18 or ITIL
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor’s Degree and/ or equivalent education and experience