Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Front-End Web Developer to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Front-end Web Developer
Location: This position will be work from home until the end of June 2021. Then, they will evaluate when it is safe to return to work at the Durham, NC office again. Remote work may be possible for the entirety of this contract
Term: 6 months + extensions
- Full understanding of GIT versioning best practices
- Experience creating HTML and CSS functional interfaces
- Familiar with ES6/ES2015
- Completes functional objectives based on bi-weekly SCRUM planning objectives
- Uses best practices and architectural rigor during the software design process, providing input on alternative strategies and solutions
- Writes well-documented, extensible code that is easy to maintain and that adheres to predefined coding standards
- Owns the overall quality of code including unit testing, functional testing and performance
- Produces and maintains technical designs and documentation relevant to assigned software development tasks
- Provides accurate turnaround estimates based on defined scope and meets project deadlines
- Familiar with ES6/ES2015 and comfortable with its new capabilities and syntax
- At home on the command line
- Has a full understanding of GIT versioning best practices and the GIT Flow pattern
- Writes and tests application source code that realizes the specifications outlined in the functional specification documentation
- Transforms graphical mockups of tools and applications and creates HTML and CSS to create functional interfaces
- Is responsible for maintaining consistency of HTML and CSS across all applications and correct usage and application according to established style guidelines
- Work with UX Designers, Back End Developers, and Digital Product Managers to ensure the integration of design with back-end technology to create a great user experience