ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Contributes to managing the inventory and any variances; cycle counting; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; minimizing the impact on variances.
- Contributes to designing product storage plans based on volume requirements that are positioned to maximize picking productivity.
- Administers inventory management policies and procedures to ensure proper stock levels, order fill rate, accurate inventories and reconcilements, control of product damage and timely stock transfers between facilities as required.
- Proficiently uses warehouse software tools, especially those relating to the AX Warehouse
Management Systems utilized at Biagi's facilities, and the required interface systems.
- Directs the personnel and processes of the inbound and outbound traffic (scheduling, flow, etc.)
- Ensures proper staffing levels and assists with personnel issues as needed.
- In conjunction with the Warehouse Manager, ensures that the facility is properly maintained including security, sanitation, building maintenance, material handling equipment and exterior grounds.
- Represents our client appropriately in relationship with owners, management, peers, employees,
Accounts, customers, carriers, and suppliers.
- Emergency Response. Recall Team member. Plan Administrator
- Other duties as assigned by Warehouse Manager
Directs the work of forklift drivers including assigning work, training, developing, coaching, evaluating performance, enforcement of Company policies and procedures, and employee discipline."]
Typical office environment, along with typical warehouse environment with exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues. The working environment includes both a typical office environment with exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, and outside travel by automobile and/or airplane where conditions will include smog, traffic congestion and other exposures to environmental hazards. Requires minimal out of town/ overnight travel between 0 and 10 percent of the time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 to 7 years of experience in warehouse operations and transportation.
- College education preferred (Will consider experience in place of education).
- Intermediate to advanced MS Word, MS Excel required. MS Dynamics (AX) and JD Edwards skills preferred. Will consider experience with other WMS and/or SAP software systems.
- Must be able to interact professionally and personally with people of all skill and education levels.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with multitasking, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and able to work both independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to tactfully handle confidential material and information