Very Large Supply Chain Company (3PL) is hiring a Warehouse Management Systems Super User to work onsite at a large customer distribution center located in Hazelwood, MO. In this role as a WMS Super User, you will support WMS implementations and upgrades. This is a 6 month contract-to-hire role. Work hours are Monday-Friday, 1:00 PM - 10:00 PM (2nd shift).
As the WMS Super User onsite at this distribution center / warehouse, you will support WMS implementations and upgrades. Will support onsite activities and observations that will help create or update the site engineered standards. Identify and assist in driving best practices materials - handling processes to support improved safety, increased throughput capability, higher accuracy and reduced damage across a network of distribution centers. Additionally, you will:
- Apply LEAN methods to initiate use of standard work in Distribution Centers.
- Problem solve and improve operating results in Distribution Operations.
- Identify and assist in driving improvements in warehouse layout and flow planning.
- Participate on other project teams as assigned.
- Provide complete training in the use of hardware and software to users of the systems.
- Provide ongoing systems and software support to all functions within the facility.
- Support customer and corporate requirements for present and future system needs.
- Develop and maintain system SOP’s (archiving, disaster recovery, back-up procedures, system specs, etc.).
- Ensure compliance to corporate and local policies related to system software and hardware.
- Responsible for maintaining, trouble shooting, and improving on all interfaces to/from WMS, material handling systems, RF devices, and other hardware (printers, label makers, etc.).
- Actively participate in safety programs.
- Continually evaluate effectiveness of systems and recommend changes where appropriate.
- Troubleshoot and correct systems problems.
- Develop and maintain system backups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Proven effectiveness in positive employee relation skills.
- Working knowledge of hardware/software used in manufacturing/logistics. SAP or any warehouse management system helpful.
- Experience with Manhattan SCALE is preferred.
- Ability to trouble shoot and correct systems related hardware/software problems.