Are you an Investment Banking superstar? Do you enjoy mentoring and managing junior associates while also managing your own book of business? Do you eat, sleep, and dream about financial & advisory services and have experience providing these services along with mergers and acquisitions within healthcare? This position may be for you!!!
Essential Job Functions:
• Leading teams of Associates and Analysts in the provision of financing and advisory services to clients as well as the creation and preparation of presentation and pitch materials; mentoring, coaching and assisting in the development of Associates and Analysts in the Consumer & Retail Group.
• Managing and executing tasks encompassing comprehensive financial modeling and valuation analyses.
• Analyzing the financial statements and operating metrics of public companies within the Retail & Apparel sector to generate industry insights.
• Act as a trusted advisor to clients and prospective clients through relationship development, industry knowledge and capital markets expertise.
• Developing a thorough understanding of the trends and competitive dynamics within the sector.
• Understanding the financial impact of decisions on the client's organization.
• Coordinating the appropriate organizational resources to deliver product solutions and advice to clients.
• Maintaining frequent and appropriate communications with team members and product partners throughout the firm.
• Eventually begin to assume origination responsibilities in accordance with the strategic direction of the Consumer & Retail Group, including but not limited to: identifying and calling on prospects; the creation, analysis and presentation of actionable ideas; and, originating new client mandates.
• Ongoing involvement in the identification and recruitment of potential new hire candidates for the Consumer & Retail Group as well as other franchise-building activities.
• Minimum of five years of investment banking experience
• Relevant client interaction and transaction experience in the Consumer & Retail industry.
• Demonstrated ability to manage deal teams
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment with strong focus and attention to detail
• Undergraduate Degree in Business (Accounting, Finance, Business Admin, Economics, etc.) or Liberal Arts; MBA preferred but not required.
• Series 7