Our client is seeking a VMWare Horizon Consultant for a long-term contract opportunity located in DFW.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong client-facing skills including communication skills, leadership and self starter
- Strong Windows desktop OS administration experience
- Experience with Login VSI, ControlUP and iGel a plus
- Should preferably have knowledge in VMware Horizon view 7.x and 8.x
- Configuring Role-Based Delegated Administration
- Horizon design and implementation experience in a virtual environment
- Networking and Storage experience in a virtualization environment a plus
- Creating and Preparing Virtual Machines
- Creating Desktop Pools
- Entitling Users and Groups
- Should be willing to work in EUC space (End User Computing).
- Should preferably have knowledge in VMware Image & Snapshot management.
- Should be proficient in ESX Console level troubleshooting.
- Should have enterprise view to easily and quickly isolate design level flows and give suggestions for the same.
- Will manage escalated level technical issues raised by L-2 Engineers.
- Should have a VCP Certification for DTM
- Should have patching working knowledge
- Should have solid experience in handling below VMware horizon implementation activities
- Should have thorough knowledge on implementation of App Volume manager.
- Updating Base image to VDI image and optimization
- Building parent Image for Customer Profiles
- Configuration of Desktop pool with required number of VDIs
- VMware VCPDT certified
- Experience with Cloud and Hybrid Cloud solutions
- Strong working knowledge of End User Computing environments in a large corporation