Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Visual Interface Designer to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Visual Interface Designer
Location: This position will be work from home until the end of October 2021. Then, they will evaluate when it is safe to return to work at the Durham, NC office again. Alternatively, if you live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia; you may work remotely.”
Term: 6 months
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelors degree and 5 years experience designing Web based interfaces and applications.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and other digital design software
- Proficient in HTML / CSS
- Proficient in responsive (Bootstrap) and mobile design
- Experience with LESS a plus
- Bachelors degree in Web design, graphic design, digital arts, or fine arts preferred
- Work experience demonstrates formal understanding, training or experience with user centered design principles and information/interaction design
- Web consulting or services firm experience a plus
- Understanding of how comps translate to code
- Well-rounded design skills with a solid foundation of fundamentals
- Overall understanding of Web production
- Understanding of Web best practices for visual design and digital branding
- Formal design training with direct experience designing for the Web and/or mobile, from producing basic wireframes to extensive design processes
- Passion and curiosity about contemporary design culture and familiarity with current industry thought leaders
- Can work independently or collaboratively as part of cross-functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle multiple project responsibilities
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Any certifications in visual design, graphic design, Web interface or software interface design, human factors, user interaction design, computer interaction design, information design or related fields a plus
Responsible for creating and managing interactive design elements, page level layout, task fulfillment and consistent visual treatment of websites, email campaigns, web applications and mobile applications. Participate in concept development of design solutions and provide input in how the visual interface should be designed. Ensure that the application of visual assets and realization of information design efforts support the users needs and align with the design and brand strategy.
- Create innovative designs for web sites, email campaigns, applications and other digital platforms across the enterprise.
- Works as an integral member of project teams with other disciplines including user experience designers, content strategists and developers.
- Produces design concepts that engage with users and fulfill project goals and requirements.
- Works closely with team members on the creation, design and implementation of approved projects.
- Identifies interaction and visual interface requirements and develops design approach.
- Collaborates, consults and shares expertise with user experience designers, content strategists, developers and other team members.
- Ensures consistency with client brand guidelines and adheres to style guides and current web best practices and technologies.
- Works with user experience designers and developers to integrate visual and interaction design artifacts into production ready products.
- Defines the design strategy and approach for projects while producing interaction and interface requirements