Rebuild Americas Infrastructure with Our Fortune 200 Materials and Logistics ClientPosition: Virtualization Support Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX 75201
Term: 3 months
System administration, analytics and support tasks related to the coordination, control, and management of virtualization infrastructure for the organization to ensure compatibility and integration with IT Strategies, under minimal supervision.
- Engineers, administers and manages settings and configurations for Citrix Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, including Active Directory integration, patch management, application and OS deployment and testing on all related virtualized sessions for the organization.
- Troubleshoots complex problems related to virtual desktops on IT endpoints and coordinates solutions with site IT Infrastructure personnel including addressing incident tickets with various locations.
- Provides architectural leadership, guidance, and support to architects and projects.
- Supports varying endpoints that range from standard desktops and laptops to thin clients and tablets including those that may be part of a Bring-Your-Own-Device architecture.
- Provides highest-level proactive design and administration of Citrix environment inclusive of Citrix Cloud integration.
- Leads small, virtualization-related projects with manageable risks and resource requirements.
- Drives innovation and sets enterprise standards for the company's virtual environments.
- Designs, creates, administers and maintains Windows group policy allowing for efficient access, configuration and control of all client access and user experience for the virtual environment.
- Builds and maintains/updates Windows images and maintains base (golden) images used in production for enterprise-wide use.
- Coordinates image approval and user-acceptance testing with strong emphasis on satisfaction regarding user experience.
- Analyzes and maintains the health of underlying hardware by using monitoring tools provided by manufacturers (e.g. Nutanix).
- Installs, administers, and maintains printing in the virtual environment whether through use of print servers or integration through endpoints.
- Acts as Tier 3 support for VDI administration for various issues including solving complex errors and project implementation.
- Transfers knowledge of operational procedures through creation of knowledgebase articles and through training of Tier 1/Tier 2 support staff.
- Utilizes data analytics and monitors systems through tools such as Citrix Analytics and Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) to enhance performance of virtual environment.
- Secures companies virtual sessions using anti-virus, intrusion detection software and similar technologies.
- Ensures end-user data is properly stored and backed-up to maintain data integrity.
- Addresses performance issues that may affect end-user experience concerning virtual desktops and virtual applications for various models of end-user hardware.
- Designs solutions that emphasize automation and minimize manual, human interaction when it comes to virtualized desktop deployment.
- Associates with technical partners/vendors to understand industry best practices and apply them to meet the IT endpoint needs of the business.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of three years of experience with desktop virtualization support, application/image deployment, and patch management in a multi-site, enterprise environment is required.
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in MIS or Computer Science, or equivalent years of experience in lieu of a degree, is required.
- A+ Certification is also required.
- Strong understanding of all standard operating systems.
- Good working knowledge of Hyperconvergence, Group Policy, LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, TCP/IP, WMI and SNMP.
- Strong knowledge of on-premises Microsoft Office as well as Office 365.
- Knowledge of application packaging, image deployment, patch management, and Microsoft technologies (e.g. Office Suite, OS, Edge).
- Demonstrated ability to support Windows operating systems in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of both wired and wireless network infrastructures.
- Experience with technical documentation, and creation of training documentation.
- Effective Project Planning, Time Management, Prioritization and Organization skills.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills necessary to work with novice to advanced computer users.
- Ability to assume responsibility and exercise good judgment.
- Good written and oral communication skills, especially in communicating technical concepts and information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Shares knowledge readily and recognizes own need to learn. Intermediate reading, writing and mathematical ability.
- Experience with Active Directory, Citrix VAaD (Virtual Apps and Desktop or Xendesktop), MCITP and/or MCSE is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Windows Server (2016, 2019), Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office, Design experience with Active Directory Group Policy and Network fundamentals, Antivirus/Malware software experience, Scripting knowledge, Experience with IIS, Group Policy and Microsoft InTune.
- Other preferred certifications: Citrix certifications (CCE or CCA - Virtualization); Microsoft certifications (MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCP, MOUS); Network, PC hardware and software certifications (CCNA/JNCIA (preferred), N+, INET+).